What have you bought recently?

Although it wasn’t exactly what I wanted, I ordered a PacSafe backpack purse. It needs a couple more interior pockets. The body & straps are slash resistant. Regular over the body purses make my shoulders ache. Overall I’m satisfied.

My old iPhone was barely able to be updated. Ordered an iphone 12 from Apple and it wasn’t large enough for my vision. They allowed me to return it. Decided to purchase a 12 pro Max from my telco provider. Ordered it on the very first day & they screwed it up royally. The day before it should have arrived, I got a notice that my new mini would be arriving. 😖
Then they were giving me fluff talk. Have no idea when I’ll finally get what I ordered. Disappointing. When they send my satisfaction survey, I’ll be answering.

Also got a phone case from Amazon.

I got one of these for myself & gave 3 to elderly friends:
TOTOONE 6-in-1 Multi Opener Bottle Can and Jar Opener Lid Seal Remover KO1008

This item TOTOONE 6-in-1 Multi Opener Bottle Can and Jar Opener Lid Seal Remover KO1008

pressure treated 10' 2x6's. $9.88 ea. (ouch) worse than that, I needed some 12' ones also. $18.20 ea. 😲 WTH
It's crazy! Wood prices are going out of sight. I just bought 7/16" OSB at $21.00 a sheet. I just ordered 5/4 and 6/4 Poplar from a wholesale lumber smith cheaper than I could by 2x4"s at the local big box store.

Yes, just tell Lowe’s you thought it had split shelves and was not what you thought it was. But you should be able to return it with no problem if you are unhappy. At least we can do this at our Lowe’s, but call them because I think you can replace it with a frig you can and that way they can pick up this one When they bring the new one. Don’t let too much time pass.

Ha, they brought my new one today, and took the previous one back. New one is great! Taller overall, more up-and-down shelf adjustments, it will work fine.

One thing that I didn't think of: There is no regular door handle on it and that's where I always hung my hand towel. So I made an "S" hook out of a piece of clothes hanger, and it hangs just fine in the finger recess where you grab the door to open it. Problem solved.

Thanks again for the tip. :cool:

Ha, they brought my new one today, and took the previous one back. New one is great! Taller overall, more up-and-down shelf adjustments, it will work fine.

One thing that I didn't think of: There is no regular door handle on it and that's where I always hung my hand towel. So I made an "S" hook out of a piece of clothes hanger, and it hangs just fine in the finger recess where you grab the door to open it. Problem solved.

Thanks again for the tip. :cool:
You are so welcome!!! Always remember try and take it back before you do anything else 😂. I keep boxes for at least six months in case something breaks and I take it back.

he never buys you anything ?...why ? :oops:
He will buy for us both. Like oh it’s our anniversary he bought flowers, but first time in 4 years. I suppose because he got the new house he wanted. So it’s rare. Never buys Xmas present for me, and in 49 years maybe 10 birthday presents when kids forced him to, otherwise nothing.

I don’t know why he doesn’t. Hurt my feelings when we were younger not any more. I buy for him, not going to turn into him.

Last edited:
This isn't a new purchase.......but.......i've had this for several years......used it when i was on the farm......when i moved to town, 4 1/2 years ago, got stored downstairs......came to it in my cleaning and sorting mission.
Had used it for my ipad, air book......
So why wasn't i using it now......great little adjustable table.....on casters, and the wheels lock.
I'm back using it......
So, to me it feels like i just bought it.IMG_0563.jpg

I'm tearing my hair out here. In a moment of madness I promised my daughter my livingroom curtains for her new short-term rental to save her money to buy new curtains when she buys her new home.. .. They're nice curtains, lined and blackout... and I really thought I'd be able to find new ones to replace them since it's been around 8 or 9 years since I bought them. Of course I hadn't bargained for the lockdown and the department stores, and curtain shops being shut until December... and my daughter moving in and needing the curtains before then..and soooo, I'm left looking for curtains online... and oh what a load of cheaply made rubbish is available.. :eek:..I' m just about ready to give up...

I'm tearing my hair out here. In a moment of madness I promised my daughter my livingroom curtains for her new short-term rental to save her money to buy new curtains when she buys her new home.. .. They're nice curtains, lined and blackout... and I really thought I'd be able to find new ones to replace them since it's been around 8 or 9 years since I bought them. Of course I hadn't bargained for the lockdown and the department stores, and curtain shops being shut until December... and my daughter moving in and needing the curtains before then..and soooo, I'm left looking for curtains online... and oh what a load of cheaply made rubbish is available.. :eek:..I' m just about ready to give up...
@hollydolly Are you handy with a sewing machine? I made blackout drapes when I lived in Adelaide. They already had the tape across one edge for hooks. It was very easy.

I bought a new landline yesterday at Costco. It has 3 handsets...only need 2. I was able to plug it in and get it going, but I am unable to program it! lol I may try again later when I'm not so tired.

And I bought some more minutes for my tracphone.

Back