What have you bought recently?

It just dawned on me; we don't get much from anyone. I guess we were born to be the givers. I am in tears because I had not realized and/or thought about this til now. I will bug one niece about needing a new TV. lol

We can buy one, I'm just sad that no one gives us anything. One sister and her two daughters are the only ones who will think of us. Sometimes. I hope we will be remembered for all that we did when we are gone.

It's not that I want anything; I've never been one to ask. Reality just sunk in.... finally.

:cry:
we're the same Pam...we're the ones who give all the time.. and except for Christmas when my daughter will buy us something small... we don't get anything from anyone, but like you it just never occurs to us to expect anything from anyone...

Trust me...this is the first time anyone (except sis) has ever bought me anything! I've given to these kids when they were younger and I had $$$.
It's not like it happens all the time, especially for me....

I understand.
My son came over one day and was talking about how him and his SO had donuts. Why didn’t you bring us some? Oh, he says, I’ll bring some next time I come. Yup, not holding my breath and he hasn’t brought any either. 😬

Last edited:
We've started to see some pantry moths. Ugh... I've had a couple of infestations over the years and I hate those little buggers. So DH picked up some traps yesterday while at the hardware store.

All my typical preferred pantry moth meals (flour, pasta, cereal, etc.) are tightly sealed. However, about 10 years ago I learned that they aren't only attracted to what one might expect. My DIL had brought me a souvenir feather boa after her trip to New Orleans and those dastardly moths had made themselves at home in that.

Today I'll start sleuthing the cabinets - then the rest of the house - in hopes of discovering where they've made camp.

I'm sorry to read about some here whose friends, children and family members take, take, take and never give.

Our children are generous with their time, helpfulness with projects around the house, and small thoughtful gifts (saw this and knew you'd like it), and we are the same with them. My mom and in-laws were like that, too. Ditto other family members and friends.

It must be very disheartening to deal with such unequal adult relationships. :(

I'm sorry to read about some here whose friends, children and family members take, take, take and never give.

Our children are generous with their time, helpfulness with projects around the house, and small thoughtful gifts (saw this and knew you'd like it), and we are the same with them. My mom and in-laws were like that, too. Ditto other family members and friends.

It must be very disheartening to deal with such unequal adult relationships. :(
I am not disheartened. If I asked either of them to do something or get something they would, it’s just that I have to ask. 🤦🏻‍♀️ No surprises from them. But sons SO is Chinese and they take care of their older folks 😂.

Very pretty bag!

Here in CT we can no longer get single use plastic bags and can't buy them either at the grocery store.
we still get single use bags...in essence.. I say this because now they call them a 'bag for life''.. the price range from anywhere between 10p to £1.. some are plastic others are a type of woven paper..

The idea is that if they tear you can have them replaced for free, however I've never known anyone to have one replaced.

All that said.. Aldi, still do single use plastic bags.. for about 5p....

Yesterday I got some shorts... I went into 3 different stores and the shorts available for women were horrible.. and especially too short.

I don't like to have shorts above my knee.. and I'm little so goodness knows how women who are 6 feet cope with that..

Anyway, I spotted mens' shorts good thick Linen/cotton mix with elastic waist and tie-string, lots of colours and all reduced to just £7 in the sale.. so I got a pair in Pale Blue, and the length was exactly right, came to just about mid-knee....must be far too short on most men..

Bargain..and good thinking on my part (y)

My son came over one day and was talking about how him and his SO had donuts. Why didn’t you bring us some? Oh, he says, I’ll bring some next time I come. Yup, not holding my breath and he hasn’t brought any either. 😬
Sounds like my stepson. He has yet to buy my husband a 50 cents greeting card for his birthday, Father's Day, etc. Ohhhh, that makes my butt burn. lol :mad:

I bought a Nespresso Barista Recipe Maker to make my iced coffee treats. I had been wanting one for a while but they had been out of stock at Nespresso (computer chip shortage) but I had been checking daily and as soon as I saw they were available I ordered the darn thing. I've enjoyed trying different things like iced Macchiattos, iced caramel Macchiattos, and iced Frappes.

I bought a Nespresso Barista Recipe Maker to make my iced coffee treats. I had been wanting one for a while but they had been out of stock at Nespresso (computer chip shortage) but I had been checking daily and as soon as I saw they were available I ordered the darn thing. I've enjoyed trying different things like iced Macchiattos, iced caramel Macchiattos, and iced Frappes.
I just looked this up. Seems like it's a frother on crack.

I use a frother for my coffee now, but a $30 gizmo. I fell in love with "flat white" coffee in Spain and Italy a few years ago. Now I have a far less unhealthy version of that every morning using a combination of almond and oat milks.

Enjoy - and please let us know how you like your new coffee toy!

My very first and last chef's knife. Having assumed the major food prep and cooking role, I figured it was time for my own. Purchased one made here from a company that's been making them since 1837. The clerk who sold it to me at the factory store said it had a lifetime sharpness guarantee.

lamson.jpg

Back