What have you bought recently?

Last Sunday I did make a more glamorous purchase at the local flea market.

I found two Stickley side chairs and a matching armchair from the Cherry Valley Collection.

I gave them a good polish and now the two side chairs are in my tiny kitchen. The armchair is in my living room.

1603361673296.jpeg1603361694158.jpeg
images

Eventually, when I move to a smaller one-bedroom/studio apartment the chairs and my little 29" Harden handkerchief table, similar to this one, will be all I should need for dining/entertaining.

1603362131012.jpeg

Think small travel light! :)

We are going grocery shopping today. Out of everything and need some canned food in case of heavy snow and if people start hoarding again. My freezer is turned off, empty and will only be filled if hoarding starts. There are only two of us after all.

I recently bought two more pairs of sketcher shoes. I bought one pair a couple months ago and that pair was the first pair ever that did not cause extreme pain in my arthritic foot. Course they are not for the snow, but when it snows I stay in as much as possible.

I now own more shoes than I have ever owned in my entire life 😂.

Used my Walmart Rewards.........got a Cuisinart Mixmaster, 5.5 litre........first really good one i've ever got.......looking forward to using it for bread and cookie dough.
Have a smaller one i've been using for over 25 years.......still works good but was never heavy enough for stiffer doughs.

A couple of Saturdays ago......there was a gal filling her vehicle up with Amazon parcels......for some Amazon shopping is good......but not for me, don't shop enough to make it pay.

My 6 year old vacuum cleaner died a week ago while I was vacuuming the house wouldn't you know
I was almost finished when 'cough cough splutter' and phew what a stink then no sound at all
So there was nothing for it but to buy another one and Huz suggested a bagless vacuum cleaner was the way to go
I found several online and dear Huz went to pick up our Click & Collect' for my new vacuum cleaner
I took it for a test run when it arrived and I was surprised at how small it was....but it sure packed a punch
I got so much dust/fluff/dog hair/my hair off what I thought was reasonably clean carpet and tiles
I used it this morning right through the house and I was flabbergasted at all the :poop: that it picked up
What is it they say "A new broom sweeps clean' must also apply to new vacuum cleaners too 😊

Thanks for the explanation. We call that "going into bankruptcy." As you said, most times when a store has reached that tipping point it can't be saved. I'm sorry about the likely loss of your favorite store.

No deliveries today, but DH & I are shopping for a new family room set up. New TV (a much smarter one), entertainment center, recliners and a new couch. Not sure how long it will take us to find and organize all that.
Be aware that if you decide on a smart TV that is large screen like 86" there is at least a 12ft. distance needed between you & the screen. Also a Dolby surround sound with sound bar under the screen works really great. Check to see if the smart TV you are interested in has a magic controller.

Be aware that if you decide on a smart TV that is large screen like 86" there is at least a 12ft. distance needed between you & the screen. Also a Dolby surround sound with sound bar under the screen works really great. Check to see if the smart TV you are interested in has a magic controller.
The one we're looking at does have a magic controller, but I have no idea what's magical about it. Can you please explain what it means?

I bought an electric blanket at Costco a month ago and returned it because it did not heat up. The clerk said a lot of them were being returned for the same reason. They are supposed to get really warm, aren’t they? I’ve never had one before and I don’t have one now 😂.
I haven't had one in a number of years, but I had them in the past. And yes, they will get real hot. Maybe they make them now so they don't get that hot because if something is on top of it, it could cause a fire I think.

Used my Walmart Rewards.........got a Cuisinart Mixmaster, 5.5 litre........first really good one i've ever got.......looking forward to using it for bread and cookie dough.
Have a smaller one i've been using for over 25 years.......still works good but was never heavy enough for stiffer doughs.

A couple of Saturdays ago......there was a gal filling her vehicle up with Amazon parcels......for some Amazon shopping is good......but not for me, don't shop enough to make it pay.
How do you get Walmart Rewards? I shop there a lot and could use some kind of rewards from them.

My 6 year old vacuum cleaner died a week ago while I was vacuuming the house wouldn't you know
I was almost finished when 'cough cough splutter' and phew what a stink then no sound at all
So there was nothing for it but to buy another one and Huz suggested a bagless vacuum cleaner was the way to go
I found several online and dear Huz went to pick up our Click & Collect' for my new vacuum cleaner
I took it for a test run when it arrived and I was surprised at how small it was....but it sure packed a punch
I got so much dust/fluff/dog hair/my hair off what I thought was reasonably clean carpet and tiles
I used it this morning right through the house and I was flabbergasted at all the :poop: that it picked up
What is it they say "A new broom sweeps clean' must also apply to new vacuum cleaners too 😊
It does. I bought a new one recently and it is very lightweight and works the best of any I ever had.

Back