What have you bought recently?

Our latest "great deal" is an Invacare mobility scooter for $500. The original purchase price was $4000 and that was 1-1/2 years ago. It was taken care of and still looks new and runs perfectly.

I have Amazon Prime and shop there frequently because we live in a remote small town with limited product selection. I do a lot of reading and pay $9.99/month for the Kindle library where I can check out up to 10 books to read then return and check out more. Also bought a bath chair from Amazon.

Recently we bought two lift chairs because we both have difficulty getting up from our recliners. The lift chairs do the jib for us.

I bought so much stuff over the past couple of months both at brick and mortar stores and online. I'm stocking up on necessities such as personal care items, household products, batteries and food. I even treated myself to a few articles of clothing. The very last thing I bought was 8 boxes of Bromley decaf green tea from Amazon because I could only find one at the major supermarket I usually get it from.

Our latest "great deal" is an Invacare mobility scooter for $500. The original purchase price was $4000 and that was 1-1/2 years ago. It was taken care of and still looks new and runs perfectly.

I have Amazon Prime and shop there frequently because we live in a remote small town with limited product selection. I do a lot of reading and pay $9.99/month for the Kindle library where I can check out up to 10 books to read then return and check out more. Also bought a bath chair from Amazon.

Recently we bought two lift chairs because we both have difficulty getting up from our recliners. The lift chairs do the jib for us.
You might be interested to know there's a few completely Free Library Apps

https://leverageedu.com/blog/free-online-libraries/

I bought so much stuff over the past couple of months both at brick and mortar stores and online. I'm stocking up on necessities such as personal care items, household products, batteries and food. I even treated myself to a few articles of clothing. The very last thing I bought was 8 boxes of Bromley decaf green tea from Amazon because I could only find one at the major supermarket I usually get it from.
very sensible given the current climate. I've stocked up over the last almost 3 years since the start of this pandemic.. didn't really buy anything much for the stockroom in the last 4 or 5 months just used what we'd pre-stocked, but I'm thinking of bulk buying this week again, because things are becoming more and more unavailable.

What I don't need are shoes and boots, or clothing.... or bedding..

I am fully stocked with cleaning products/toothpaste/brushes/cosmetics/creams,lotions and potions ..since last year...

really it's just food I have to keep a close eye on...

Dear Win231
I have changed my mind about shopping for groceries too. There is powerful education by reading labels and I have been reading a lot of labels lately and the news ain't good!

1. For example I bought some Stagg Chili from Costco; a product of USA (Sorry there good neighbours). Whey you eat Stagg Chili you are feeding your suffering body, 26% fat, 31% sodium and 40% saturated fat. WOW! I have 4 cans left and I will never buy it again. I used to make chili in a slow cooker. It's easy! I must be getting simple but I'm going to stop killing myself.
2. I got Campbell's Chunky Vegetable Beef. I love soup but this stuff is a real killer for high blood pressure. The label says that the can is 37% sodium. Anyone for a heart attack or a bad stroke? My brother makes his soup from scratch. My late wife never bought this junk but always made her own. I gotta start learning how to cook or I'm gonna kill myself and I don't want to die!
I have been making my soup from scratch for years. Simple to do, tastes better and I can control the amount of sodium in it.

very sensible given the current climate. I've stocked up over the last almost 3 years since the start of this pandemic.. didn't really buy anything much for the stockroom in the last 4 or 5 months just used what we'd pre-stocked, but I'm thinking of bulk buying this week again, because things are becoming more and more unavailable.

What I don't need are shoes and boots, or clothing.... or bedding..

I am fully stocked with cleaning products/toothpaste/brushes/cosmetics/creams,lotions and potions ..since last year...

really it's just food I have to keep a close eye on...
Smart of you too HD. I've stocked up on some of the same items you mentioned. Oddly though, I'm out of almond milk. I've never run out before. Usually my son picks up groceries from Costco for me but he's been without a car for over a month. I buy the almond milk by the case (6 pack). I was going to get two cases this time but now i'll have to wait for my grandson to take me.

I don't need anymore shoes and boots either but i ordered a couple of really soft sweatshirts from Walmart (had felt the brand at the store but they didn't have my size). My black sweatpants were worn beyond repair, so I ordered a pair from Amazon. I need large/petites and they are not easy to find. Then my favorite thrift/consignment shop had bargains I just couldn't pass up on an all weather jacket, a long sleeve T-shirt and sweatshirt.

I love Campbell's tomato soup. I make it with almond milk, not water. I add basil and eat it with croutons. Our local supermarket, a subsidiary of Shoprite, had it on sale 5 cans for $1. Although the best by dates were close, I jumped on that and got 10 cans because the week before I had paid $3 for 4 cans (a sale).

Smart of you too HD. I've stocked up on some of the same items you mentioned. Oddly though, I'm out of almond milk. I've never run out before. Usually my son picks up groceries from Costco for me but he's been without a car for over a month. I buy the almond milk by the case (6 pack). I was going to get two cases this time but now i'll have to wait for my grandson to take me.

I don't need anymore shoes and boots either but i ordered a couple of really soft sweatshirts from Walmart (had felt the brand at the store but they didn't have my size). My black sweatpants were worn beyond repair, so I ordered a pair from Amazon. I need large/petites and they are not easy to find. Then my favorite thrift/consignment shop had bargains I just couldn't pass up on an all weather jacket, a long sleeve T-shirt and sweatshirt.

I love Campbell's tomato soup. I make it with almond milk, not water. I add basil and eat it with croutons. Our local supermarket, a subsidiary of Shoprite, had it on sale 5 cans for $1. Although the best by dates were close, I jumped on that and got 10 cans because the week before I had paid $3 for 4 cans (a sale).
well I do agree if you don't need boots or clothing..doesn't mean you can't buy some anyway :ROFLMAO:..I have loads.. and I got some more in the Black friday sale ( a real genuine super bargain...) .. but honestly that has to be enough for a few years...

I also buy my milk in 6 packs , usually always get 2 boxes of 6...

..as for the soup..you can keep all that.. I don't want any canned soup..:sick:

IMG-2111.jpg
I bought this rug, just as a bit of fun for a bedroom.... instead of the usual matching rugs.... I love it already 🤗

You might have noticed that my clothes are not what you might describe as being conservative. In your face is the kind of idiom that is today's vernacular. Loud you mean?
A tailor that I use in London had a cancelled order, made to measure too. He knew it was my size, he also knew my penchant for, what was it? In your face.
blazer2.jpeg

The paper shredder finally quit working. It's been having issues for a year or two, but this week it said, finito.

I was sad to see it broken like that. It's been a good and faithful shredder for more than 18 years, yes more than 18 years. The previous two shredders lasted about 2.5 years in total, if that long.

The brand was Memorex. Remember that name from the past. They had a famous commercial (not about shredding.)

Anyway, I bought a new shredder, hope it lasts as long as I need it to, it's not as pretty, but functional.

Today, I’m patiently waiting for my 65 inch tv to be delivered. Have to stay home all day because I don’t know what time it will be here. My kids are visiting so will have plenty of help.
do your delivery people connect everything up for you ?..In Spain when we first bought our home, we were stunned when the delivery people, hung pictures & mirrors , hung curtains, set up TV's.. assembled beds, etc...

here in the Uk we're lucky if they bring it over the doorstep...

Back