What have you bought recently?

I was looking to stock up again on Plackers — kind of teeth picks with a bit of floss.
Plackers.jpg

Unfortunately, Amazon and Walmart are now selling these combined with the mint version (hate those).

Before, Amazon was selling for about $5.30USD for two 60-piece bags. After hearing Dollar Tree discussed, I went there to search. Yes, they had the ones I wanted, but you had to get at minimum a whole case of 24 packages at $1 apiece — so it came to only $37.50 ($24 plus shipping and handling).

Of course, I'll have to move out to make room for them. LOL

I know. Thrilling. 😁

Last edited:
A broom! Lol Though I am thinking about buying myself a new guitar! I like sitting outside and playing for the squirrels. The neighbors haven't complained...yet! Lol
A broom is a swell choice because, yanno, a new broom sweeps clean! My favorite broom came from a dollar store. I'm kinda ticked about it because it's only been about 4-5 years and has to be replaced *already*. The dollar store now wants $1.25 for the same broom. That extra 25 cents is gonna break the bank💸

A broom! Lol Though I am thinking about buying myself a new guitar! I like sitting outside and playing for the squirrels. The neighbors haven't complained...yet! Lol
I wish I had a neighbour who sat outside and played guitar, ..not electric guitar I hasten to add... :eek:...I like to listen to gentle guitar music.

My daughter is a guitarist, she plays Bass.. but of course it's been a long time since she played here ...

@Michael Z I used to be a fan of Sorel boots. Glad I don't live in the north anymore because those are now made in China, too. Well...not that it would matter because my Sorels would have outlived me anyway. I donated them to St. Vinny's before we moved so they're now keeping somebody else's feet warm and dry.

@hollydolly I got a long-sleeve t-shirt for Christmas that says "I garden so that I don't choke people" ;)

A broom is a swell choice because, yanno, a new broom sweeps clean! My favorite broom came from a dollar store. I'm kinda ticked about it because it's only been about 4-5 years and has to be replaced *already*. The dollar store now wants $1.25 for the same broom. That extra 25 cents is gonna break the bank💸
I've got the same Broom I bought when I was first married to my ex... 46 years ago... It's only had 6 new handles and 8 new heads... :sneaky::LOL:

I was looking to stock up again on Plackers — kind of teeth picks with a bit of floss.
View attachment 205110

Unfortunately, Amazon and Walmart are now selling these combined with the mint version (hate those).

Before, Amazon was selling for about $5.30USD for two 60-piece bags. After hearing Dollar Tree discussed, I went there to search. Yes, they had the ones I wanted, but you had to get at minimum a whole case of 24 packages at $1 apiece — so it came to only $37.50 ($24 plus shipping and handling).

Of course, I'll have to move out to make room for them. LOL

I know. Thrilling. 😁
I use those too and am frustrated as well. Also the interdental brushes. Have you tried the Dollar Store? They used to carry both items, but I've been afraid to go that "deep" into the shopping mass. LOL

I ordered a glass pitcher for my iced tea, except what arrived is a carafe. I thought I ordered a 2-litre pitcher but when I looked back at the website it was indeed a 1-litre carafe. I was so POed at myself. And the stupid thing is over-priced, too. But I didn't want the hassle of returning it or exchanging it, and didn't want to toss it, so I just sat in my recliner and grumbled about it for a couple hours.

Then Michelle brought me a tall glass of ice and a carafe of tea. **>> 💡<<**
Saves me like 3 or 4 trips to the fridge for refills. Worth every penny.

(Yeah, I drink a lot of iced tea)

LED_SOLAR_WOR_LIGHTS_SUPPLIER_CHINA_TG01_2.jpg

https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/what-have-you-bought-recently.42032/page-117#post-1980123

After receiving the above 30 ounce 3000 lumen 30 watt LED work light for $42, I was so impressed that I then ordered a more powerful 3.6 pound 8000 lumen 100 watt work light for $67 that I just received yesterday. Powered by 6 rechargeable 18650 large batteries that is a lot of power, 15,000ma/hr total. As a landscape photographer I have dozens of large prints up to 40 inches wide and this is by far the best wonderfully even illuminating light I've found for displaying my prints. Much better than any incandescent, fluorescent. Also will be great as a camera photo light.

https://www.amazon.com/OTYTY-Rechar...=8000+lumen+work+light&link_code=qs&qid=16430
54624&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-5

61IX7Zby4lL._AC_SX960_SY720_.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I had a neighbour who sat outside and played guitar, ..not electric guitar I hasten to add... :eek:...I like to listen to gentle guitar music.

My daughter is a guitarist, she plays Bass.. but of course it's been a long time since she played here ...
There is a little area beside my townhouse with a nice tree. There's room for a picnic table. It would be nice if residents hung out, had coffee, and talked. I'd stand by my wall and play. Perhaps we will be free to do this this coming summer!
In the meantime, I'll keep my squirrely friends entertained. And the chipmunks...can't forget them! Lol

Back