What have you bought recently?

We installed something similar. It’s only two steps to the garage. I didn’t need them right then. Found I use them all the time. Better safe than sorry.
I think it's a good idea to have handrails. When the arthritis in my knees meant that my legs were giving way on the stairs when the pain is very bad, I had my O/H put a new handrail in opposite the existing one, so I could use both hands to prevent myself from falling downstairs . I don't need handles any other time.. when my knee isn't bad, I can run up and downstairs, but when they are at their worst, pre steroid injections for example.. then I am grateful for the handles..

Yes...I think I'm going to order another one....there are times I wish I had one on each side....btw, these are easy easy to install, long screws included for mounting to wall studs, all you need is a power tool.

Well so much for that!

The dumb USB-C cable is back to causing grief. Until I can find the necessary driver software for it I'm back to a simpler cable. At least I can use these elsewhere. I'm sure it's just an issue due to incompatibility with USB 2.0 ports.

Chalk one up for the forces of evil.

I ordered Pixel (our cat) a new bed-hut. I made him a little wooden house and put it in a corner of the living-room, but he stopped using it several weeks ago. I don't know why. So I ordered this bed-hut made of fabric, and I'll put his little wooden house outside for the strays.

Hope he likes the new one. He can snooze inside and it also has a lounging pad on the roof.

This was "supposed" to be a year of minimal spending for me but nothing could be farther from the truth so far. I'm not buying things willy nilly. I'm making thoughtful purchases (except one extravagant gift I got for myself for my birthday...more on that in a moment). But geez, it's all way more than I thought I was going to buy or spend. Time to close the wallet for a while.

My 'extravagant' gift was a bottle of Chanel "Gabriele" parfum. It will last me for years (to prevent evaporation, I store my fragrances in individual upright plastic containers with tight-sealing lids).

Entering a long period of self-imposed financial austerity.

Payday. I ❤️ payday. There's just one thing...I had to pay for the patio umbrella. Funny how that works, yanno? Somebody sends you something you wanted, and then you gotta give 'em money for it.

There was some left to put in the EF and still leave me walking-around money, but there's not enough to go crazy at the garden centers. Darn:(

I've just bought some Hardy perrenials, and shrubs at 1/2 price because most of them don't flower until April & May... I don't mind because they'll be nice and strong by this time next year and I should get a good show from them..

Star Jasmine Collection..
Star-Jasmine-Collection_1022603__18213.1708444371.220.290.jpg

Digitalis Collection
Digitalis-Collection-5cm-Module_1022426_2__88375.1705575848.220.290.jpg

A potted Salvia Hotlips..
Salvia_Hot_Lips_0014162__29429.1654593679.220.290.jpg

Some Diamond Red Azaleas Japonica
Azalea_japonica_Diamond_Red_0001874__21395.1638373693.220.290.jpg

My dentist probably needs something so I gave him almost $300. Will rinse and repeat in six months. They have always given a toothbrush and sample floss afterwards. Nothing yesterday. I wonder if the hygienist forgot or they’re saving money too.

My dentist probably needs something so I gave him almost $300. Will rinse and repeat in six months. They have always given a toothbrush and sample floss afterwards. Nothing yesterday. I wonder if the hygienist forgot or they’re saving money too.
same with my dentist. At reception the always had a big box of Sample size toothpaste for sensitive gums ( Sensodyne-Oral-B etc) .. and you could help yourself when paying the bill.... and I think too many people helped themselves to more than their share, so they stopped giving free toothpaste..

I decline the samples at my dentist. DH & I use electric toothbrushes and have plenty of new manual ones for guests.

Though I'm trying to use up some of the travel size tubes of toothpaste, it will take a long time to plow through them all. Between the two of us we were getting 4 of each of these every year. We don't travel THAT often.

Went to Lowes and got 2 bags of black mulch on sale. Then I went to Aldi to get a few groceries. Had to have help at Lowes to get the mulch in my car. Those things are heavy!
I hear you. Last weekend I had 20 bags of that stuff to spread. The neighbor boys came over and toted it to the spots where I wanted it so I could spread it. It would have taken me all day to move them. It took them maybe 20 minutes.

I hear you. Last weekend I had 20 bags of that stuff to spread. The neighbor boys came over and toted it to the spots where I wanted it so I could spread it. It would have taken me all day to move them. It took them maybe 20 minutes.
When I got home, I got hubby's wheelbarrow and slid the bags from the trunk to the wheelbarrow. At least I didn't have to worry about how I was going to get them out of the car...haha :)

I bought Big bulk of Paper goods..Loo rolls , Paper towels etc.. which arrived today that I ordered online for cheaper than I get them at Costco...

I also got a new a new Card reader to replace my old multi card reader which I've had for many years .. and a new SD card for my camera...

What’s this?
Card reader to read my SD cards for my camera ... The car slides into the slot on a ditial phone .. when you take photos on a digital camera, you then take the card out of the camera, and put it into a card reader which attached to the computer.. and it downloads the pictures... to your computer.. The card I use is 32 GB so it stores a lot of pictures..

Not needed for my iphone which automatically transfers from phone to Mac.. but camera pictures have to be saved to a card then downloaded..

It was Seniors Day at the drugstore. -20% on regular prices. I invested in a higher quality under eye concealer for my perpetually slightly-black eye. DH needed something, so we reached the $50 total to get a $10 gift card. This happens every third Thursday of the month. It’s a nice reward that keeps me going back to that store. We need those little wins.

Card reader to read my SD cards for my camera ... The car slides into the slot on a ditial phone .. when you take photos on a digital camera, you then take the card out of the camera, and put it into a card reader which attached to the computer.. and it downloads the pictures... to your computer.. The card I use is 32 GB so it stores a lot of pictures..

Not needed for my iphone which automatically transfers from phone to Mac.. but camera pictures have to be saved to a card then downloaded..
Makes sense. When I used a digital camera, I attached directly to the PC. Now all my photos are taken on my iPhone.

It was Seniors Day at the drugstore. -20% on regular prices. I invested in a higher quality under eye concealer for my perpetually slightly-black eye. DH needed something, so we reached the $50 total to get a $10 gift card. This happens every third Thursday of the month. It’s a nice reward that keeps me going back to that store. We need those little wins.
That's a pretty sweet deal!

Makes sense. When I used a digital camera, I attached directly to the PC. Now all my photos are taken on my iPhone.
My desktop computer came with a built in card reader that has 8 slots for something like 12 different kinds of cards. The slots show up as "drives" and they've always accommodated cards for every device I've owned. The reader mounts in a 3 1/2 floppy drive bay.

I figure that when I retire the old PC I'll take this out and try to find a free-standing USB enclosure for it. Then I can make use of it on newer PCs that have no externally accessible drive bays. Most already have no slots for DVD/BD disc drives so you have to use something external.

Back