What have you done 'on the spur of the moment?'

Many years ago when we lived in Ontario and the children were young and on vacation at home my DH decided that he wanted to see whales. Next day, no plans we packed the kids in the car and took off for Boston. They saw the whales, I spent the time throwing up.

When the weather permits, practice fast form T’ai Chi in the park, by the creek. Once, in a rather playful mood, I did several cartwheels. I did not know I had an audience, but the look on the twenty something’s faces was priceless. To show off, I promptly did the splits. So much fun! 😁
My mom could do the splits up til she was older than me! She was 76 the last time she did one ....for the guy who came to fix the dishwasher o_O .

She was somethin' else, my mom. :LOL:

Asked a gorgeous woman if she'd have dinner with me while we were in aisle 14 at Bel-Air Market. (she said yes. and this was before I met Michelle)
Spotted a dinosaur dig in Vernal, Utah, and stopped (abruptly) so me and the kids could go check it out.
Joined a group of divers I'd just met who were diving for abalone in Monterey Bay. (I brought up 3 nice ones)
Drove up some mountains for 2 1/2 hours to take a 30-minute hike and a 1 hour nap.
Smoked a joint just to see what would happen. (show of hands)

Lots of other stuff, too. I just felt obligated to make a list. 🤪

I did the' spur of the moment' yesterday afternoon
As I walked down my street to mailbx, kept going for another block to my close friends,Marcia&Dave's house. She didn't know I was coming,had a great chat&visit with her and saw my 'buddy boy' Tage who was happy to see me The highlight of my day

We moved. We were living in Miami, commuting for hours and hating the rat race. We went through 2 hurricanes in 2005. We were without power for days. We had been thinking about leaving. I said to my partner, "We're getting out of here". We had visited Dallas and really liked it. Plus, the cost of living was much lower at the time.

I went in and told my boss we were moving. I was willing to search for another job, but she told me I could work from home. My partner's company was also in TX and gave him a job 8 miles (vs. 25 miles) from our house. We sold our house and my mother's house in Miami within a couple of weeks and moved my mother to a 55+ community north of Dallas. She loved it.

It was a "win" all the way around. I did do some research prior to the decision, but it was spur of the moment based on being fed up with my circumstances.

Back