What I couldn't get this week shopping

Just got back from grocery shopping at Walmart. They had NO beef, NO chicken, NO bacon, and a couple packages of pork chops. That's it for the fresh meat department. However....they did have Philadelphia cream cheese, so I'm calling this a win. :rolleyes:
see this is what has been happening in our supermarkets too..except there's no pattern to it. At least at the height of the pandemic with everything in short supply we knew what wasn't available.. but now it seems to depend on what day we go.. or what supermarket.. so now instead of getting everything in one store, we have to travel from store to store...

You can at least have a Philadelphia Cream Cheese Sandwich. 😄
I've been known to have a little bagel with my cream cheese!
see this is what has been happening in our supermarkets too..except there's no pattern to it. At least at the height of the pandemic with everything in short supply we knew what wasn't available.. but now it seems to depend on what day we go.. or what supermarket.. so now instead of getting everything in one store, we have to travel from store to store...
Oh, yeah, one stop shopping is a thing of the past for me. I don't even expect to find everything on my list at one place anymore. Sad state of affairs!

We just are not seeing any shortages, it’s so odd. Yes, I have to buy distilled water at target but they have plenty so I have t checked other places. It is odd that we don’t have shortages. A.so plenty of bacon, it’s so expensive dive no one is buying it 😂

We just are not seeing any shortages, it’s so odd. Yes, I have to buy distilled water at target but they have plenty so I have t checked other places. It is odd that we don’t have shortages. A.so plenty of bacon, it’s so expensive dive no one is buying it 😂
If anyone has a GFS store (Gordon Food Service) near them, they have a 3 lb. package of bacon for $12.99. That's only $4.33 a pound. My Kroger is selling bacon anywhere from $6.00 - $9.00 a pound. And GFS bacon is yummy!

We need some groceries but King Soopers workers are still on strike, so I'll need to go somewhere else... Walmart, I guess. At least they have self-checkout. I don't believe Sprouts does or I might go there. Actually, I just checked and it looks like they do. But they don't have good tortillas. Last time I got tortillas at Sprouts, they were all stuck together and I wound up throwing them out. They only had like one brand. I like Mission. The ones at Sprouts were healthier because you can't eat them. :ROFLMAO:

Whole Foods carries their 365 brand whole milk that is just delicious. It is like the "sweet milk" I remember from my childhood. They haven't stocked it for weeks. We also buy Tidy Cat cat litter in the larger granules and that is never in the store anymore. Other than that, I haven't seen a shortage of anything that we buy.

Whole Foods carries their 365 brand whole milk that is just delicious. It is like the "sweet milk" I remember from my childhood. They haven't stocked it for weeks. We also buy Tidy Cat cat litter in the larger granules and that is never in the store anymore. Other than that, I haven't seen a shortage of anything that we buy.
Milk? 🤮

Right! Like you said, Heinz, and I'll add Hellman's mayo and a personal favorite, Lender's Bagels.
Like you I use to be a stickler about having to buy Hellman's mayo and Heinz ketchup for literally decades. I'm so glad I discovered that I really do like Great Value (Walmart's) lite mayo and Shoprite brand ketchup. Both cost much less than the name brands. I kind of suspect, though, that GV's mayo is made by Hellman.

Back