What if God was One of Us?

dko1951

I love that song. Got your attention at least. I was thinking about a time, some time ago, when I was asked to teach a Confirmation class at a church I was attending. I will explain briefly that I am not a religious person, I was going to this church because the woman I was with said the pastor was great. She was right, he and I became friends and I honestly have never met a more caring, loving, real and generous man in my life. He was my reason for going.
So, one evening before the next class I thought about what we would talk about. These were young teenage boys, funny high energy good kids. I decided to ask them to kick back a moment, eyes closed and picture their idea of what God would look like. Beautiful stuff from these young ones. I won’t tell you what they said as I don’t want to taint the answers I am hoping to get from those that want to play.
What is the image you have of God?
First, this isn’t about if or isn’t, we have all (most anyway) been exposed to some type of religious stuff in our lives. It is only about the image.
The teachings of religion always say we can’t see God because His brilliance would blind us. I’m not talking about staring at the sun, just your image of God.
And, @Gaer, I’m really interested in yours. Try to keep it to 100 words or less, just kidding, write away. I am serious about your thoughts.
Thank all, hope this works.

I love that song. Got your attention at least. I was thinking about a time, some time ago, when I was asked to teach a Confirmation class at a church I was attending. I will explain briefly that I am not a religious person, I was going to this church because the woman I was with said the pastor was great. She was right, he and I became friends and I honestly have never met a more caring, loving, real and generous man in my life. He was my reason for going.
So, one evening before the next class I thought about what we would talk about. These were young teenage boys, funny high energy good kids. I decided to ask them to kick back a moment, eyes closed and picture their idea of what God would look like. Beautiful stuff from these young ones. I won’t tell you what they said as I don’t want to taint the answers I am hoping to get from those that want to play.
What is the image you have of God?
First, this isn’t about if or isn’t, we have all (most anyway) been exposed to some type of religious stuff in our lives. It is only about the image.
The teachings of religion always say we can’t see God because His brilliance would blind us. I’m not talking about staring at the sun, just your image of God.
And, @Gaer, I’m really interested in yours. Try to keep it to 100 words or less, just kidding, write away. I am serious about your thoughts.
Thank all, hope this works.
Ok, I'll be happy to do that but give me until tomorrow and it will be on my "Words from the Holy Angels" thread, if that's all right.

Back