What? I'm a senior now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri Caldwell

Hello everybody,

My name is Terri Caldwell and I've been told I'm a senior :) I'm sure this came has much of a surprise to each of you as it has to me to discover that when you have a certain birthday you automatically go from a vibrant adult person to a "senior". However, I choose to embrace that title and not let it change who I am and how I live!

I am a small business owner of a tech company called SafelyFiled.com. We started this company because of a couple of reasons:

1. We experienced the death of our parents and had a very tough time closing out their Estate because we could not find account information or important records needed to get the estate closed out. Took lots of time and money we didn't expect.

2. We assist our elderly parents with managing prescription medications by sorting them and writing them all down on an excel spreadsheet or some other document so that they can take that info with them to Dr's appointments to answer the "what's changed since last time I saw you and what meds are you on and what dosages do you take" questions that always gets asked.

3. My husband's grandfather was resuscitated after a heart attack even though he had a "do not resuscitate" order on file at the hospital and a copy at home where the heart attack happened. But it could not be located quick enough. He spent the last 3 weeks of his life in ICU with a huge medical bill passed on to the family.

4. I'm the executor of my Mom and Grandmother's estate (yes, my Grandmother is still alive and well at the age of 90!). I live in the midwest, and they live in FL. I needed a way to be able to access their important information securely, quickly and reliably in the event something happened and I needed to provide information to medical personnel or legal entities prior to my being able to get down there in person.

SafelyFiled.com addresses ALL of these issues plus more. We now spend a lot of time educating people about how keeping important vital records and account information (so your loved ones can close out your social media and online accounts for you if that time comes) in SafelyFiled is way more secure than keeping it on your computer, smart phone or tablet; and even in a box or filing cabinet at home someplace where it can be destroyed by natural disaster. In addition, having these items recorded someplace and not shared with those who may need to close out your estate, or can't be found when the time comes, is pretty useless.

I'm happy to be a part of the Senior Forum and I look forward to learning from you all as well as providing information in my area of expertise which is computer and network security. I know there are lots of questions and fears out there; some warranted, some not. I love to educate on which is which.

If you have any questions about the topic of online security and different websites and services that are and are not secure, I'm happy to answer, research and inform.

:D

Hi and Welcome! Now that you've done your Intro, please fill out your Profile so all of us will know more about you. Thanks.

Just finished that update ClassicRockr. Trying to find where to add a photo now. Thanks for the welcome message!

You are probably still too young to remember and respect the King as so many do here...

I do remember when he died Ralphy1 and have watched his movies. But he was "old" in my high school years. I do appreciate his voice and talent though--as well as his service to our country.

Hummmmmm, just read your Profile. Retired from the USAF? Enlisted or Officer? I was in the Navy (Enlisted) during Nam. Made my first Westpac Cruise in Dec. 1968. Did not retire from the Navy though. Also read, "Favorite Books", the Bible. Christian? Wife and I are. You do photography as a hobby? I've been doing that since 2000. Don't sell any, but my wife loves the ones I take of our vacations, wildlife (RMNP and Yellowstone).

BTW, the only thing that tells me that I'm a Senior and 65 years old is the Medicare Card I now carry! Well, sometimes the aches/pains from arthritis reminds me as well.

Two BIG "thumbs up" for Pappy!!
Awe, we all love Ralphy1......gee, I think I said that in another Thread.

Welcome to the forum, Teri. You get an A+ because you answered Ralphys question perfect. You'll understand after you've been here awhile. Pappy. :confused:

Terri, you are just a young thing but the older Elvis fans here appreciate your thoughts and your welcome as now gone from partial to full, congratulations...

1. Hello Terri.

2. Welcome to the forum!

3. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

4. Wish you success in your transition to becoming a senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back