What is the cutest or most touching gift you ever received?

Ruth n Jersey

After reading the Mother's day post about gifts, it made me think about gifts I've received.
One stands out as the cutest from the many I have been lucky enough to receive over the years.
My son at the time was about 8 years old.
I'm not sure if it was Mother's Day or my birthday but he presented me with a box neatly wrapped in the Sunday comics. about the size of a shoe box.
He was just beaming while I opened it.
The box was filled to the brim with pistachio nuts and hidden in the middle of them was a can of bug spray.
Even at a young age he knew how I enjoyed sitting under our trees in the back yard. He wanted me to enjoy my favorite nuts without the bugs bothering me.
I was really touched and amazed at the thought that went into his gift.
Has anyone else received thoughtful gifts?

I was unable to adopt my stepson when he was young because his father passed away in Mexico and we didn't have any access to his death certificate. So after he finished his schooling in Hawaii and moved back to the mainland he did all the paperwork to have me adopt him. He did it so that I was his legal father when he got married the next year. He gave me the adoption information for my birthday ad we completed the process later on when he could get a court date. It was very special and now he's officially been my son for a few years now.

Many years ago, my husband made me a terrarium, he worked on it in the basement and I didn't know anything about it. He used a small aquarium with a light, used small cacti and succulents, and used various rocks, sand, gravel and a tiny ceramic frog to complete the scene. It looked professionally done, he's good with things like that and I absolutely loved it. But, since I have a black thumb, eventually the plants all died. It was a very touching gift, I'll never forget.

When my husband was still alive, we were riding in his ole pick-up truck to town and he stopped and got out.
I thought he was just checking something he had in the back, so i wasn't concerned.
I looked out the window and saw him way, way, way out in a field. "What the?"
He came back to the truck with a big handful of blue flax wildflowers!
(pretty much my favorite flower in the world) and handed them to me.

The cutest? When COVID started, my daughter sent me a face mask with
a little heart inside and a matching BRA PAD inside for extra protection! hahaha!

Back