What Is Your Neighborhood Walk Score?

Thank for posting this and the other cool quizzes you've posted, Diva. Where do you find them?
You're welcome my friend. I don't remember how I came across them Officer, it's been so long since I first found them both. I've seen interesting things on other social media sites and it my news apps.
@Ruthanne You're welcome as well. Thank you @StarSong❣️

Walk - 78
Transit - 58
Bike - 90

The scores aren't surprising to me. I walk a lot especially with the dogs and bike in the area as well. I don't take public transit now but will probably start doing it again once they start having music events in the area.

@Aunt Bea @MarciKS I live in what is considered the downtown area as well. Our city has too much shooting going on but I've never felt unsafe while walking about. However, I would never walk the streets we did when I was much younger. My BFF at the time and I didn't drive, so we'd walk to the clubs. Now those areas have changed and aren't safe. And I have no cause to go out at night unless I'm riding with a family member.

@Manatee Since COVID, the only public transportation I've taken is the Atlantic City bus. Although there are many bus lines within walking distance, I've treated myself to Uber and Lyfts (only to get to my medical appointments) if my son or grandson can't "tote me around" as I say. That expression cracks my son up. :ROFLMAO: @Pecos

Makes a huge difference how old you are and what ailments you may suffer from. A comfortable neighborhood at age 65 may become a disaster by 80 or 85. Nice to ride that bike and take the dogs for a walk in your 60's but may become a non-starter a few years later.

My wife and I were consistent walkers in our 60's/early 70's, but as we edged into our 80's it was a rapid decline in our physical abilities. And this without either of us becoming ill or having an accident. Just a gradual decline.

I only mention this as something to consider when settling in for your retirement years. The "perfect" place can become a nightmare.

My best solution - - -Hold onto your car as long as possible, live near your kids and grandkids and hope you've treated them right as a parent/grandparent. As I approach 90 with my wife just a step behind, that gallon of milk or medical prescription that we need or the trip to the doc/hospital becomes a major problem unless there's a little help nearby.

Of course, if you don't last too long and check out early, there's nothing to worry about ! 😩

Makes a huge difference how old you are and what ailments you may suffer from. A comfortable neighborhood at age 65 may become a disaster by 80 or 85. Nice to ride that bike and take the dogs for a walk in your 60's but may become a non-starter a few years later.

My wife and I were consistent walkers in our 60's/early 70's, but as we edged into our 80's it was a rapid decline in our physical abilities. And this without either of us becoming ill or having an accident. Just a gradual decline.

I only mention this as something to consider when settling in for your retirement years. The "perfect" place can become a nightmare.

My best solution - - -Hold onto your car as long as possible, live near your kids and grandkids and hope you've treated them right as a parent/grandparent. As I approach 90 with my wife just a step behind, that gallon of milk or medical prescription that we need or the trip to the doc/hospital becomes a major problem unless there's a little help nearby.

Of course, if you don't last too long and check out early, there's nothing to worry about ! 😩
You offer a lot of wisdom in that post, Dave. Thanks for the reality check.

Oh so true! I always know I’ll be fine with whatever comes my way, as long as hubby is by my side. But, we are also blessed with caring and loving children and grands, so hopefully God will keep blessing us for years to come.

Back