What made you happy today?

Gary O'

SF VIP
I’d like to think this thread would take off on its own
Especially with Pappy, Meanderer, and several others that give a positive spin to most every post

Anyway, we’ll see

Didn’t happen today, yet still....it made me happy today

It’ll make me happy tomorrow if I think about it

A while back, wife and I went to church

It’s refreshing, sometimes, to attend a church

Sometimes

Anyway, there was a song service
I don’t sing
Can’t
Tried
It’s not considered singing
So, there I was, mouthing the words.

A few rows back, a middle aged gentleman was singing his heart out.
A tenor, I believe.
I also believe he was a butcher by trade.
Cause he was doin’ a job of it on that song.
His voice, his voice literally hurt my good ear.

Seems there are several stanzas to ‘He Lives’.
He got louder with each one.
At the last of the chorus to the last stanza I looked back...

Had to

There he was, tears streaming down his face.

Yet,

His face....beaming

He wasn’t a good looking guy

He literally wrecked the hymn

I’ve seen a lot of beauty
A lot
In nature, mostly

But this

Was the most beautiful thing

I have ever seen

yessir

What made you happy today?

Thanksgiving was a bust! .....

NO, that's not what made me happy....I'm gettin' to it. For Turkey Day, we planned on eating out, as we have done the past few years....to our satisfaction. Long story, short...our go-to places were CLOSED.

don't panic.....drove around awhile....Bob Evan's had a line like it was Black Thursday (really an early Black Friday crowd). Closed....Closed...!

Hey, I know a place....no place like it.....HOME! Ended up having Dinty Moore over for dinner. Quite the guy....

Soooooo, we decided to have turkey, today....Christmas Day (really, it ended 3 hours ago...) A delicious Butterball turkey breast, with...
some of the trimmings.... but we were OPEN.....no lines.....it was beautiful. Even though there was no check.... I ended up doing the dishes....and luving it all! Good Gravy! For ONCE, I wasn't the only turkey in the room!

First of all, my feet hit the floor once again. That’s a good sign.
Went out in the kitchen and Lo and behold...breakfast and coffee was setting there, waiting for me.
Didnt see the wife anywhere, so went ahead and ate.
Finished up a good meal and heard something from the bedroom, so I went to investigate.
My wife was sitting on the edge of the bed in her new Victoria’s Secret outfit with this big sexy smile.
Took a couple minutes to put my eyes back in the socket, so I moved slowly towards her and......:love_heart:

I woke up. :mad:

Not really following the thread...but at 82, waking up is a very good day for me. And, my wife is pretty darn nice too.

Let's see, what made me happy? Looking up the websites for the post office and dmv in Loveland, CO AND helping my wife in anyway I could. She is sick with a sinus cold/infection, brought on by allergies.

Mine is a relatively hassle-free life so joy is easy to find.

For reasons unknown for the past five years I awaken very early. Today I was awake at 4:00, finally gave up the ghost at 4:30 and slipped out of bed as hubby gently snored. It used to frustrate and annoy me to only get 5-6 hours of sleep but I've learned to embrace my home's quiet solitude during early hours.

By the time I've had my first few cups of coffee (one regular, the rest decaf), my husband and our dog have come to life and the next portion of my day begins.

Your post made me happy Gary. Crying-happy as a matter of fact. I LOVE to find joy in unlikely places!!!

My son #4 told me he loved me today. That put me over the moon! Don't misunderstand, we are a very close, loving family and he and I, like the rest of my kids, love each other deeply. It's just that he is the least verbally and physically demonstrative of all my kids. And that's fine, I completely respect his space and his boundaries about that. But that just means that when he occasionally does tell me, it's extra special. And today he did. And so it was. And it made me extra happy. :love_heart:

What made me happy yesterday on Christmas was when I was walking my dog on a trail, a big large eared deer appeared from behind a bush, very close to us. Within seconds a second, third and forth head popped up, all focused on us. My dog initially started to give out a bark, but I told him 'quiet, it's okay'....and he was a good boy. They all watched us as we continued walking down the trail. Only thing that would have made me happier is if I had my camera with me, no zoom would be needed for that close photo.

The Dow was up over 1000 points today....now that needs to happen 2 or 3 more times to get back to where the stock market was a couple of months ago. What a roller coaster ride!!!

We had our big Christmas celebration today. I was with my two sisters and my mom, and my nephew flew home from Taiwan.

Our hearts are still broken for my sister .....first Christmases are always hard. But we felt she was with us and we smiled.

I hope your hearts will heal more and more over time, jujube.

What made me happy today?

Getting up....for one

FoIaa3a.jpg

then this

this made me happy today this morn, and tonight

bDk7Sa1.jpg

My Bonnie (pitbull doggie) giving me a million kisses as I tried to dry her off from her being out as the big fat snowflakes were coming down. She is the BEST doggie in the whole world, even if she did get into the trash today and threw it all around -- I can't be mad at her because she finds such joy in doing it (and because she always looks at me with those soulful, imploring eyes when I catch her at it). She delights my old wrinkly heart!

I am happy, Gary, knowing that you, our off-grid tour guide, is on duty! ....all you need is a cap!
il_570xN.1418681562_edhz.jpg

Back