What Popular Alcohol Drink(s) Have You Never Tried?

The list is long and distinguished with me.

Beer, rum and coke, rye and seven vodka and orange juice, and Long Island Iced Tea, that's all I have ever experienced in my lifetime, and I can count on two hands how many of each I have had over the course of my life.

Not a big fan of the taste of alcohol. I find it to be quite strong.

I can't remember the last time I had Any kind of alcoholic drink...probably decades ago. I had enough booze...primarily German beer...when I was in the military. I keep a bottle of chocolate flavored Vodka in the cabinet, and take a sip every now and then if I'm having trouble falling asleep...a nip of that about an hour before bedtime gives me a good nights sleep.

I don't know which ones are popular now and I have tried a whole lot of them over my lifetime but some that I never had were a Fuzzy Navel or Sex on The Beach or many drinks made with whiskey. I'm not looking to have any of them now as I no longer drink.

Last edited:
Never had a Beer...I just couldn't get past the smell of it, and never tried almost everything else.....except I have had Wine, Margarita, Pina Colada, and in the 70's I tried a Brandy Alexander which is Cognac with Creme de Cacao. It was actually a Pre-prohibition drink through the 70's.

Oh, just this last Christmas I tried a Vanilla Crown Royal with Irish Cream and ice. Crown Royal is a Canadian Whiskey of highest quality. It's like having desert. It was really good. I don't ever drink alone...just celebrations.

Last edited:
I like vanilla crown royal but have not had it in awhile. Sometimes I will have a little Baileys or White Russian before bedtime. Used to have a margarita when we would go out for Mexican food but we don't eat out anymore. Sometimes I order Mexican food and have it delivered. I have a cold coke with it since I don't have a margarita!

I've had White Russians, Black Russians, and margaritas decades ago. Anything else that's popular I haven't had (or don't know about).

Not an easy question for me to answer, I probably have tried most, if not all "popular" drinks. I don't particularly like sweet or artificially flavored things but tried all or most to know that.

Now a days my go to is whisky neat, Tullamore DEW is my current favorite. And I still have beer now and then and the occasional glass of wine, my homemade peach usually. But not drinking a lot of late, guess I am slowing down as I get older.

Last edited:
Does anyone else remember "3.2" beer? The actual alcohol content was nil, but it let young boys get foolish.
All too well, until 2019 that was the strongest thing you could get outside of the state liquor store here. We are still limited to 4%, I never buy the stuff. Too dilute for me. Have to make runs to Nevada or Wyoming to get real beer...

Last edited:
I've had most of the run-of-the-mill corner bar cocktails but I've never had a properly made Old Fashioned with muddled orange slices.

I remember my great aunt enjoying them at formal family get-togethers.

She used to slip me the whiskey-soaked orange slices and maraschino cherries when no one was looking! :giggle:

I think I once had a Singapore Sling. I'm allergic to something in beer. The only alcohol I have .. about twice a year, is Dubonnet red, on the rocks.

That means, I haven't tried most alcoholic drinks.

I've never had gin. The smell of it turns me off. I don't think I'd like the taste.
Gin is a turn off to me, too
Tried it after watching a WC Fields movie

What Popular Alcohol Drink(s) Have You Never Tried?​

Most

Had a whiskey sour when I was a teen

Mixed drinks don't do it for me
I'm a sipper of a good single malt

Beer in summer
Just one...or two, does it for me of a late summer afternoon

Back