What problems or questions do you have in regards to your computer or phone?

Thanks OED...I do currently use that one, but it's not really up to the standard I'd come to rely on from the aforementioned ones... but thanks very much for trying to help.. it's ok I'll manage with what I have .. (y)

What's a cloud?
Tutorials are in UTube, but they must specify exactly which computer and phone brands,model numbers, exactly.
All tutorials I see are too general and out of date quickly. That's the big problem.

On my Mac desktop......Sometimes when i download from Pinterest, then go to select one for a post here, i get.......this uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. What do i need.

On my Mac desktop......Sometimes when i download from Pinterest, then go to select one for a post here, i get.......this uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. What do i need.
jpgs or gifs it won't take pngs here

You can download and install GIMP for Macs, Windows or Linux and export any graphic file, save as whatever graphic extension you need for FREE. .png graphics are too large for most sites. GIMP comes already installed with most Linux distros.

https://www.gimp.org/

Last edited:
I started having never before WiFi issues after a specific Microsoft update, I will probably uninstall it.
I googled my issue with my WiFi and of course there were hundreds of people with the same issue. PITA.

I started having never before WiFi issues after a specific Microsoft update, I will probably uninstall it.
I googled my issue with my WiFi and of course there were hundreds of people with the same issue. PITA.
Need sim card for phone stepped on it scratched off copper no service didn't pay while on repairs under warranty 911 could not hear me call for emergency aide. I could hear her clearly. IWas in severe pain.
Nothing but trouble with this phone.

So glad you're still here! I want to get rid of conversations which have gone to my e-mail spam.on my computer. When I click on "spam" a "looks like have blocked your ads" box comes up. This was ok when it had a choice to block ads or not block ads but this gives no choice. Only a square to click to unblock ads. Tiny letters at the bottom say dismiss this but when I click on that,nothing happens. can't access my "spam" which I must delete for privacy reasons. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

Did the person who posted the thread/topic disappear?
I have THREE desktop PC's with problems. Can't afford a repair-person. Would the OP or anyone else have knowledge on these issues?:

1. Most recent previous PC = "very low battery" warning. I've had it a long time, some features don't work, but it's the battery issue that caused me to stop using it. Friend said you can use the same gizmo people use to recharge car batteries- but I wonder if that'd cause the whole thing to blow up or catch fire.
All I could find on Google was reference to motherboard- so I'm already lost.

2. This is somewhat due to my habit of not taking anything out of the box til I'm ready to use it- PC lasted a little over 5 months, by which time the warranty had expired. Less than a week after I started using it the internal speaker quit, but no other signs that there was anything wrong.
Turning it on goes to 'computer repair,' which fails, then goes to a bunch of blue rectangular boxes with various options. Tried all options, nothing worked.

3. PC I used the longest- the power button 'decided' to stop working. Occasionally it did, but usually not. When it did turn on and work for awhile, it'd usually shut itself off.
It's the only PC that I can easily open and see inside, but I didn't notice anything loose.

Are any of these issues something I can easily fix? I hate to throw out computers, but they're taking up a lot of space.

For graphics I have GNU graphics management and Pix on Linux mint. Nice and easy to use.
I don't go for the real full business set ups I don't need those.
There are plenty of options out there.

Back