What SCARES Big Pharma

Well, Gary I'm not sure what your duh means...pretty vague to me. Oh well. Matters not. j
My 'duh' means it's pretty obvious

I know too many folks that have prescriptions due to prescriptions

I had a chat with my doc, when she wanted me to take something for cholesterol, even though mine is fine

'due to my age', she said

we had a 'you gotta be kidding' moment

I had a chat with my doc, when she wanted me to take something for cholesterol, even though mine is fine

I like that Gary, prescriptions for prescriptions. We're on the same pages. jam

However….

Wouldn’t health insurance companies offset Big Pharma a bit?

I mean, they really really don’t want anyone getting sick…or even old

They just want your money, while wishing you the best

(forgive me, I have a small brain, and I don't like the insurance game anymore than drug companies)

Your thoughts, jam

I had the same "you gotta be kidding moment" with my doc about statins (my cholesterol is fine, too), and another one about meds for osteopenia, which is an alleged indication that some day you'll get osteoporosis. Let's see -- medication that MIGHT prevent something I might get, vs. damage to stomach and esophagus, possible irreversible damage to bones, and damage to liver and kidneys, among other things? You gotta be kidding!

However….

Wouldn’t health insurance companies offset Big Pharma a bit?

I mean, they really really don’t want anyone getting sick…or even old

They just want your money, while wishing you the best

(forgive me, I have a small brain, and I don't like the insurance game anymore than drug companies)

Your thoughts, jam

I believe doctors/pharma dictates what insurance companies pay ...for example I really believe in Prolotherapy a lot and insurances not pay, if they did, I believe many surgeons and drug companies would lose huge business. Insurance pays for all the damaging drugs and invasive surgery.

I went thru a hip replacement that left me a real mess and guess what, insurance paid a huge chuck for it via Medicare. I've had prolo and paid out of my pocket and it's a costly chunck, I'd like more but can't right now. I have a D.O. who does it and he does some fancy billing so insurance pays a good deal of it. My 2cents before my morning coffee. jam

He does various kinds of trigger point injections and PRolo and PRP and whatever he does, and I don't question as I hardly pay anything, he does help me. He adds Hylagen solutions to the dextrose and the hylagen is basically the hylauronic stuff that insurance pays for that does not work, I've had them in two different series, SynVisc and Effulexa ... all the name changes so they can pay or not pay.

Doctors can decide what want to charge and this is how prolo etc have been established. I don't have answers to that.

But if pharma can charge cancer or MS patients $25K monthly for some their drugs that end up killing them anyway, why not the alt type docs. I'm thinking of my sister and I believe all the aggressive toxic drugs added to her death from MS.

Agree, Trade. I also took a look. He has various sites, at least one involved with conspiracy theories. Did you read his bio? What a load. He's selling some powder and while the ingredients are listed it never tells you how much... could be a smidgen or a teaspoon, who knows? Expensive, too for something you don't even know how much you're buying..

I'm no fan of Big Pharma. Far from it. But IMHO this dude from "Natural News" is a huckster.

In fact this whole "Natural News" website is full of B.S.

Just my opinion of course.

That huckster and all those like him keep me from the grips of Big Pharma and all the huge pricey toxic "bandaids"... Yes, we all have our opinions and life's experiences. I didn't make it to 80 on big pharma drugs, believe me..... One drug put me in the ER in the 80's and that was my turningpoint.

Life is full of wonder and CHANGE and closed minds. take care.

Agree, Trade. I also took a look. He has various sites, at least one involved with conspiracy theories. Did you read his bio? What a load. He's selling some powder and while the ingredients are listed it never tells you how much... could be a smidgen or a teaspoon, who knows? Expensive, too for something you don't even know how much you're buying..

You think he has an agenda, and pharma doesn't...take another drug to counteract what this drug is doing damaging in my body....ujmmmmmmm

Both my grandmothers lived into their 90's without Big anything.

This Mike Adams, the "Health Ranger" has no plausible medical credentials. He's mainly an Internet entrepreneur who is "sometimes spotted in the local Whole Foods store" per his bio .

I don't discount supplements... my own medical doctor advised me to take OTC vitamin D because my bloodwork proved I was low. Just hoping you don't fall in with the quacks like Adams. I'm sure there are others who are on the up and up, just not him, for starters.

And btw, I never said "Big Pharma doesn't" (have an agenda). Because it does, certainly does not elevate this Mr. Adams.

Both my grandmothers lived into their 90's without Big anything.

This Mike Adams, the "Health Ranger" has no plausible medical credentials. He's mainly an Internet entrepreneur who is "sometimes spotted in the local Whole Foods store" per his bio .

I don't discount supplements... my own medical doctor advised me to take OTC vitamin D because my bloodwork proved I was low. Just hoping you don't fall in with the quacks like Adams. I'm sure there are others who are on the up and up, just not him, for starters.

And btw, I never said "Big Pharma doesn't" (have an agenda). Because it does, certainly does not elevate this Mr. Adams.

Everyone has their stories on the grandparents etc and parents. So you don't think your grandparents took home remedies during their lives? I was born via a mother who was doing ONLY remedies and she learned from someone...maybe her parents, huh....

And I'm happy the Ranger is out there opening minds/eyes to those who are willing to read/listen.

He's not alone, I could start to list many healers with info that he presents.

He's an investigative reporter and this is what he does....thanks Mike.

BTW: I've been working with supps for over 25 yrs now with the likes of The Ranger and many before him. Started with Prevention magazine over 40 yrs ago as my mother couldn't wait to get her monthly copy in the mail.

That huckster and all those like him keep me from the grips of Big Pharma and all the huge pricey toxic "bandaids"... Yes, we all have our opinions and life's experiences. I didn't make it to 80 on big pharma drugs, believe me..... One drug put me in the ER in the 80's and that was my turningpoint.

Life is full of wonder and CHANGE and closed minds. take care.

My dad died when he was 45. My mother died at 53. That's an average of 49 years. I'm 71. That means I've had my 49 years plus 22 of someone elses. So I'm sticking with what got me this far.

No one believes "big pharma" has any interest in anything except their bottom line. That said, I'll keep taking my blood pressure Rx because it works.

Each of us has to decide what we feel is right for our own self. Jammin, you likely would be doing just as well today without all the supplements you keep touting, but if you feel they help then good for you.

My dad died when he was 45. My mother died at 53. That's an average of 49 years. I'm 71. That means I've had my 49 years plus 22 of someone elses. So I'm sticking with what got me this far.

The "huckster" Ranger is right on with what he offers in the way of good health. Why knock him?

I could call the allopathic MD's a bunch shishters (sp) but don't as they know nothing else but what they are taught in med schools which many are funded by pharma drug companies.

I'd love to see how med schools would welcome some funding from the Grape Seed Extract industry, what a joke.

People need to be sick so the med schools can do their things.

No one believes "big pharma" has any interest in anything except their bottom line. That said, I'll keep taking my blood pressure Rx because it works.

Each of us has to decide what we feel is right for our own self. Jammin, you likely would be doing just as well today without all the supplements you keep touting, but if you feel they help then good for you.

I take BP meds too...and thyroid.

And you have no clue how I would be without my supps!!!!!

Back