What should be considered for elderly exercises?

I live in an Assisted Living. We have an exercise class in the morning. I walk about 3 miles a day according to the pedometer on my iPhone. Before I go to sleep at night, I have a routine of exercises I do lying in bed. You have to stay active.

I live in an Assisted Living. We have an exercise class in the morning. I walk about 3 miles a day according to the pedometer on my iPhone. Before I go to sleep at night, I have a routine of exercises I do lying in bed. You have to stay active.
Good for you! (y)

Because I have been having shoulder pain, I have been exercising in the evening with a band and a light weight, while sitting and watching TV. I find it relaxing and it helps keep me awake a little longer.

I have changed my morning exercise routine. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I am doing the Sit and Be Fit exercise program on our public broadcasting channel. I really enjoy the gal who does that program. Some of her exercises are easy and some of them really challenge me! I think I little a bit of a challenge.

I am getting my hair cut because I have decided on returning to swimming Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning.

GAlady, it really helps build my determination to exercise when I read your report and other people's reports of exercising. Makes me feel like I am in the right crowd. :D

Back