What songs do you sing?

Back in the 40s, grandma played this song on her piano while a bunch of us would sing our hearts out.

Mademoiselle from Armentieres, Parlez-vous,
Mademoiselle from Armentieres, Parlez-vous,
Mademoiselle from Armentieres,
She hasn't been kissed for forty years.

Hinky-dinky parlez-vous.

Our top kick in Armentieres, Parlez-vous,
Our top kick in Armentieres, Parlez-vous,
Our top kick in Armentieres,
Soon broke the spell of forty years

Hinky-dinky parlez-vous.

The officers get all the steak, Parlez-vous,
The officers get all the steak, Parlez-vous,
The officers get all the steak,
And all we get is the belly-ache.

Hinky-dinky parlez-vous.

From gay Paree we heard guns roar, Parlez-vous,
From gay Paree we heard guns roar, Parlez-vous,
From gay Paree we heard guns roar,
But all we heard was "Je t'adore",

Hinky-dinky parlez-vous.

You might forget the gas and shell, Parlez-vouz,
You might forget the gas and shell, Parlez-vouz,
You might forget the gas and shell,
You'll never forget the mademoiselle,

Hinky-dinky parlez-vous

yes we sang that as kids too..

What do you sing?
Not many, it would drive the neighbors away...

You are My Sunshine when I am sure I'm alone out of earshot of anyone.

Made famous by Jimmie Davis, country western singer and one time governor of Louisiana. Sunshine was his horse. He rode Sunshine into his office in the capitol, and named a bridge across the Mississippi for him.

Not many, it would drive the neighbors away...

You are My Sunshine when I am sure I'm alone out of earshot of anyone.

Made famous by Jimmie Davis, country western singer and one time governor of Louisiana. Sunshine was his horse. He rode Sunshine into his office in the capitol, and named a bridge across the Mississippi for him.
Our son's nickname was SonShine. I sang that song to him when a baby. He always had a smile from ear to ear when he came back home from school and a ready hug. Miss him dearly!

Daughter's nickname is Bonnie as in the song "My bonnie lies over the ocean..." She didn't crawl on all fours she sat on her bum and hoped like a bunny it was funny lol!

Sang in the church choir for four years. Love singing in the shower or the car along the radio or CDs (when had a car, last year 2011, miss driving too). Sing along, all of us did, to Disney films and other musicals.

Used to be soprano but due to so many tonsils infections, I'm now an alto. My one and only proud achievement was singing "Oh Holy Night!" with a sore throat in 68. I'd rehearsed so much and the choir was counting on me, but I did it. Man I was a nervous wreck with all the attention I received after that. Phew!

Any of you singing foreign languages tunes? Ani Kuni by Oota Dabun is a favourite, I usually sing it on my paternal grandmother's birthday

Singing does the soul good. Blessed be!

Back