What stranger will you never forget?

I'm not sure why we crossed paths, but I will never forget him.

A co-employee and I were returning from lunch. As we walked toward the facility's front door an older man called out to my friend. He was her husband's uncle.

With this older man was a young man. I call him - my mystery man.

He asked my friend for my phone number.

One day I received a call and it was 'him'. The calls continued and finally he told me that he was separated. Well, I told him that I refused to get involved with a married man.

He wrote me and asked me to reconsider. I kindly asked him to not get in touch with me.

He never did. I will never forget those beautiful eyes.

I was 16 and was in a head-on automobile collision. My Mother was driving and I was in the front seat. A car coming from the other direction crossed over to our lane and hit us at a high rate of speed. I went face-first through the windshield. My Mother was unconscious and pinned beneath the dashboard and steering wheel. I was barely conscious myself but some sweet soul, I'll never know who, ran over and gently put tissues on my face to absorb some of the blood and softly said that everything would be okay. That is all I remember until I woke in the hospital. I have often thought about that kind stranger (angel) with such warmth and gratitude.

It took many years and multiple surgeries but my Mom and I eventually recovered. Thank God.

night time, winter snow storm, Big Bear, CA, 1988, Already three feet of snow on the ground, freezing cold!
My Forerunner was stuck half on the highway, half in the barrow pit. I had my headlights on so no
one would run into me. (until my battery died)
I was shoveling snow fast as I could but it was coming down pretty heavy. (a super blizzard!)
A man was WALKING on the highway with no coat! He asked if he could help.
"Oh Boy, Can you EVER!" (I had been out there for hours)
He walked over and picked up several boards, laying by the cabin, UNDER THREE FEET OF SNOW!
How did he know there were boards laying there? He went right to them!
He jammed them under the tires and my car just floated out of there!
I asked if I could pay him . "no." May I make him some hot cocoa? "no."
May I give him a ride somewhere? "no."
You won't believe me but this is the truth! NO FOOTPRINTS IN THE SNOW. (that I could SEE,
but as I said, it was snowing pretty hard)
I watched him walk away about a quarter block and he disappeared from sight.
Wonder if he was an Angel or just a strange man?

When I went inside, my hair was all icicles. (SO COMICAL) but I caught a bad case of pneumonia.

Last edited:
We got to her house & after 15 minutes of knocking on the door, (she had no key) her son opened the door & he was very angry that I woke him up! He also seemed angry that I brought his mother home! When I said, "Maybe your mom should have a key to the house," he said, "Mind your own damn business." Amazing........
That happened to us a few decades ago.
Bedraggled older woman
in a ditch
crying

We turned around
Picked her up
Took her home

Her 'husband'(?) was pissed
Several angry words
She stepped in
He slammed the door

Wish we'd have taken her elsewhere