What strategies do you employ to decrease or control your anxieties

Growing up with a narcissistic, emotionally abusive mother, I am no stranger to anxiety. My sister gravitated towards depression. The chickens of my childhood came home to roost when I acquired a supervisor at work who was much like my mother. Medication allowed me to survive that job while I embraced cognitive behavioral therapy techniques. The realization in mid-life that I was not responsible for how other people thought and felt was profoundly liberating for me. I use reframing a lot in my daily life, no longer allowing myself to see inconveniences as problems, and I monitor my “self-talk“ to root out erroneous and self-defeating beliefs…

sorry for your experiences, mine are similar. same thing...narcissistic, emotionally abusive mother. In my case, my mother had a reasonably high IQ and extremely advanced creative skills. That made her manipulative ability just through the roof. Only a handful of people ever pierced the veil and realized who she really was.

I personally don't think of it as evil. I think of it as mental illness.

When I have so many things to to that I start to get overwhelmed, I make a paper and pencil list, and fix one thing at a time. Even before I'm half way through, I can see it's not as bad as I thought it was, and I feel calmed. When I finish the list, it is very satisfying too.

What strategies do you employ to decrease or control your anxieties
That is the Million Dollar Question, all kinds of approaches available. Without using prescription / non-prescription / street drugs, it takes some effort. With practice, the "horror show" of carrying regrets from the past and apprehension of the future can be lessened. When I walk the dogs I focus my attention on the sunshine, the breeze, the sounds of the dogs walking and breathing. When I'm thinking about what I "should" be doing, I try to instead appreciate the stillness in the room, or of my body. Almost euphoric, but takes a mental 'bookmark' and practice.

When I have so many things to to that I start to get overwhelmed, I make a paper and pencil list, and fix one thing at a time. Even before I'm half way through, I can see it's not as bad as I thought it was, and I feel calmed. When I finish the list, it is very satisfying too.
I understand this completely, in theory. In practice though it doesn't work out quite the same for me. Though I am very must a list person, and I have many lists for many different things, and manage them all well, still I seem to be incapable of making a personal to-do list short enough to ever finish. My personal to do list is always being added to, changed, tweaked, re-ordered etc, so it isn't ever complete.

I do feel a deep sense of satisfaction in being able to cross of items, it's just never finished! 🤦‍♀️

What strategies do you employ to decrease or control your anxieties​

Don't know
never been

I've worked hard all my life
Maybe that's something

I've got this trigger temper to deal with
That's enough

I have plenty more examples but you get the idea. So what about you? What do you do? Any tips and tricks to share?
Without realizing that it would help, and taking them for preventative reason daily ,
I took B-vitamins for a few months
and my co-workers asked why I was so happy.... I just figured it was my faith in Jesus, although that was all along for years before also...
then a few months later at a layman's meeting for nutrition, I brought this up and wondered if they had any ideas ... they asked what supplements I was taking:
one - apple cider vinegar, acv, raw unfiltered unpasteurized sometimes, regular heinz other times,
and they said that would help many things, but unrelated to happiness other than being healthier overall....
two - B-vitamins - AH HA , so to speak ... "DO YOU KNOW" what the B-vitamins are called they asked ? I shrugged, not knowing.
"The happy pills" because of the results/ effect sufficient b vitamins daily has on people.

That sounds so much like me.
I've forced myself to stop asking Alexa for my 3-4 morning news reports. It's hard for me, but I found the repetitive horror stories had built up my anxiety levels way too high. It's been a week without news. I can't say avoidance is working, so far.

Back