What to make with extra Cilantro?

Nathan

SF VIP
I got some Cilantro for my salsa, the market had 2 bunches for a dollar. They are giant bunches, I only used one. I don't want the other big cilantro bunch to go to waste, what would be a simple quick & easy recipe that would include cilantro?

I got some Cilantro for my salsa, the market had 2 bunches for a dollar. They are giant bunches, I only used one. I don't want the other big cilantro bunch to go to waste, what would be a simple quick & easy recipe that would include cilantro?
Add to salads, sprinkle over anything really. Add to sour cream and onion dip, any dish Mexican or Indian. Sometimes I put it in potato salad. Add to guacamole. With lime juice, it's good on rice.

I love cilantro. (coriander)

My son loves this herb. I add it to mashed avocado and onion if I have it around and call it guacamole. On salad, on beans, on hummus. Your salsa sounds good.

{What RadishRose said!}

Add to salads, sprinkle over anything really. Add to sour cream...
OK, I have everything I need to make my Cilantro-Garlic-Lime dressing! I originally started making it for spicy shrimp tacos, but also use it for either dip or a salad dressing.
Guacamole.
Guacamole! I happen to have a couple avocados that are ready and ripe! 😁

Thanks @RadishRose and @Della, now I gotta get busy in the kitchen. :cool:

OK, I have everything I need to make my Cilantro-Garlic-Lime dressing! I originally started making it for spicy shrimp tacos, but also use it for either dip or a salad dressing.

Guacamole! I happen to have a couple avocados that are ready and ripe! 😁

Thanks @RadishRose and @Della, now I gotta get busy in the kitchen. :cool:
Remember, the stems have as much or more flavor than the leaves, so mince them too.

Spicy shrimp tacos sounds good right now!

Here, Cilantro...is called Coriander.. I use it in many things. Tonight I made chicken curry and of course I add Coriander to that...

Delete this
FYI Forum members can delete their own posts with post options in the lower left corner of their posts (see screenshot image below)

Screenshot-at-2022-12-03-13-45-25.png

Use some of it in enchiladas or make chili verde! I've used "boneless, country style pork ribs" cut up into small pieces and I put all the ingredients in the slow cooker. We LOVE cilantro!
Or, I put cilantro in when I'm crock-potting a pork shoulder. also, garlic is a must!

Back