What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Watched a doc on Netflix about CCR, with concert footage at the Royal Albert Hall, 1970.
Such simple songs, sung with feelings. Great energy. Just made you smile.

I have personally never met a person who disliked their music. That alone is saying something.

The Doc is worth watching just to see the concert footage at the end.

Black Adam from DC Comics. Kind of at the bottom of DC's film collection. Constant action, but no story, and a waste of Duane Johnson's talent. I wish he would not have made that film, although it will probably just be a temporary set back.

Watched a doc on Netflix about CCR, with concert footage at the Royal Albert Hall, 1970.
Such simple songs, sung with feelings. Great energy. Just made you smile.

I have personally never met a person who disliked their music. That alone is saying something.

The Doc is worth watching just to see the concert footage at the end.
I love CCR. They were my favorite band as a kid and they still sound good to me. (y)

The documentary was okay, but I kind of wish they would have restored the video a little better. Some of it was pretty rough. The audio was good, though.

Yesterday I went to the movie theater with friends and watched A Man Called Otto starring Tom Hanks. The acting was superb by most of the cast, but I felt it was depressing as a whole. Still, a good film, but it didn't leave me with a feel good warmth afterward.

Black Adam from DC Comics. Kind of at the bottom of DC's film collection. Constant action, but no story, and a waste of Duane Johnson's talent. I wish he would not have made that film, although it will probably just be a temporary set back.
I couldn't get past the first ten minutes, it was dreadful.

I attempted to watch T-rex: Autopsy on Disney+

It opens with a top-secret looking vehicle under the cover of darkness, hauling the mummified corpse of a Tyrannosaurus rex under the cover of a military camouflage tarp, pulling into a mammoth yet plain steel building surrounded by barbed wire, where four scientists anxiously await the beast's arrival.

The four are 3 dinosaur experts and a veterinarian, cloaked in scrubs, gloved and ready with various knives and chainsaws, barely believing their luck at getting this unbelievable opportunity to perform an autopsy on an actual, practically perfect T. rex, to learn how it lived and what in the world killed it.

Except the dinosaur in T. rex Autopsy is fake. It's made of fiberglass, latex and silicone rubber, and contains 34 gallons of stage blood. The 4 experts are real.

The point? Don't know.

How did T. rex live? Well, this one didn't, so... Don't know, and the question about what killed it is moot.

So stupid, man. Waste of money....Disney Productions hobby, apparently.

Inspired by real events and spanning three eras of German history, "Never Look Away" (2018) tells the story of a young German art student, Kurt Barnert (Tom Schilling), from his childhood under the Nazis and the GDR-regime to post-war East Berlin, where he meets and falls in love with fellow student Ellie (Paula Beer). Ellie's father, Professor Seeband (Sebastian Koch), a famous doctor, is dismayed at his daughter's choice of boyfriend and vows to destroy the relationship. What neither of them knows is that their lives are already connected through a terrible crime Seeband committed decades ago.

The romantic drama was written and directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck and was nominated for two Academy Awards at the Oscars in the year it was released for Best Foreign Language Film and Best Cinematography, marking only the second time a German-language film by a German director had been nominated in multiple categories. Back when it was released, the film also received a 13-minute standing ovation at the Venice Film Festival, so it's no wonder viewers are being blown away.

Finally, a film worth watching!

Never Look Away

Bella✌️

“Maleficent” It came on TV and I started watching it and couldn’t turn the channel. Angelina Jolie was great in the movie and the computer graphics were unbelievable. I highly recommend watching this movie. It kind of took me back to my childhood when I had an imagination that would run wild at times. I don’t know who the young blonde girl is in real life, but she reminds me of a former girlfriend. She has such a beautiful smile that made my heart yearn to go back to the earlier years of my life. I know there’s a Part II, but I don’t know if it will be on TV. If not, I will either rent it or buy it.

Treason, on NF. We both like British crime shows. It was only 5 episodes so none of the filler that they use to expand for 8.

Back