What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

I can finally answer this. Usually I'm watching a couple of movies at a time and wind up taking a long time to finish them. Today I surprised my ADD self and finished Coming 2 America (Amazon Prime) in one sitting. It was entertaining and I enjoyed it. The original is one of my all time favorites.

We just watched Woody Allen's Play it Again, Sam. It was pretty funny -- hysterical in some parts. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

That said, I haven't seen the documentary about Woody Allen, which may change my opinion of him. Or not.

Something came on while I was surfing channels, looked interesting, watched and fell asleep. It was about women in prison.

Killer's Kiss - First real film by Stanley Kubrick ( Produced, Directed, Edited, etc. ).
At 27 years old, you can see his use of lighting and camera angles to draw you into a snap shot of New York City in the 50's.
Those of us who enjoy his movies, can see what he will become with this tense thriller.
( Others by Kubrick - Paths of Glory, Spartacus, Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, 2001-Space Odyssey, Clockwork Orange, The Shining,
Full Metal Jacket, to name a few ).
Watched it on TCM and just order it on Amazon for my collection.

I watched Fargo last night. It was ok but not great enough for Academy Awards.
Really? I thought it was brilliant.

I watched a movie last night called Fatima (produced last year). It seems like a lot of in-depth research went into this film. I knew the story but this film had quite a lot of little details I didn't know about and didn't have a few details I thought I knew about, plus it clarified the sequence of events. It was interesting.

A new channel showed up a while back on my system called "Movies!". Free movies are never a bad thing.
Great old movies so far.
Just watched 'The Petrified Forest' starring Leslie Howard, Humphrey Bogart and a very young Bette Davis.
(She was a true beauty and those Eyes...)
The Plot is the standard escaped bad guy terrorizes a group in a desert dinner, but the writing is very good.

The movie 'Sounder' is up next, might just settle in and make a day of it.

A new channel showed up a while back on my system called "Movies!". Free movies are never a bad thing.
Great old movies so far.
Just watched 'The Petrified Forest' starring Leslie Howard, Humphrey Bogart and a very young Bette Davis.
(She was a true beauty and those Eyes...)
The Plot is the standard escaped bad guy terrorizes a group in a desert dinner, but the writing is very good.

The movie 'Sounder' is up next, might just settle in and make a day of it.
Gimme a Bogey movie anytime.(y)

One Night in Miami.
"On the night of Feb. 25, 1964, in Miami, Cassius Clay joins Jim Brown, Sam Cooke and Malcom X, and they discuss the responsibility of being successful black men during the civil rights movement."

Really riveting. If it seems like a stage play, that's because it was.

Watched Mrs Miniver a few days ago. Great 1942 movie.

Mrs. Miniver Official Trailer
#1 - Reginald Owen Movie (1942) HD
via @YouTube

And then I watched the John Ford 1955 true story...

The Long Gray Line (1955) ORIGINAL TRAILER [HD 1080p]
via @YouTube

To Kill a Mockingbird - Sometimes you just need to watch an uplifting movie.

I miss going to 'TCM BIG SCREEN CLASSICS' at our local theater to watch a classic on the big screen.
The people who attend are like-minded movie buffs.

For the screening of 'Casablanca', a number of younger folks dressed in the 4o's style
and they dressed for 'African Queen' also.
I like that people still enjoy the old movies.

On Hulu
Free Britney--a documentary about Britney Spears, her fans and their desire to help her free herself from her conservatorship. I loved it, it was short, an hour & 15 and I didn't fidget once.

I watched the first episode of The Queen's Gambit and didn't care for it. Does it get better?
I admit it is slow at the beginning and it does get better.
It is also quite a Dark series and gets overboard at times.
The period background is like 'Mad Men', that adds to the production.
And it's about Chess, which you don't see very often nowadays.

Back