What Would You Like To Eat For Your Last Meal?

The fat lady has sung, you've been convicted, there's no way out, it's curtains for you. 😳 For your last meal you can have anything you want, from soup to nuts, from eggs to apples, from pottage to cheese, what would it be? 🤔

Salmon, asparagus, and wild rice. Maybe some sherbet for dessert. Wine with dinner and ice water. A good piece of chocolate with the sherbet.

What Would You Like To Eat For Your Last Meal?

I'm not a greedy bloke, I would just like a dinner-plate 56 miles long with a never ending sizzling hot steak, surrounded by mountains of chips and a 40ft diameter bowl of mushy peas, plus 4 million gallons of beer to wash it all down...... burp. 😊

Am I right in thinking that, of the states in USA that still have capital punishment, the famous Last Meal actually is no longer an option in some of them? Which states, if any, do still offer this generous service?

To answer the question though, I'd have a light salad with low-fat dressing -- I'm watching my weight :giggle:

Am I right in thinking that, of the states in USA that still have capital punishment, the famous Last Meal actually is no longer an option in some of them? Which states, if any, do still offer this generous service?
According to Wikipedia most do, with some restrictions. Texas is the exception:

"In Texas, the tradition of customized last meals is thought to have been established around 1924, but in September 2011, the state of Texas abolished all special meal requests after condemned prisoner Lawrence Russell Brewer requested a large and expensive last meal, but did not eat any of it, stating that he was not hungry."

Who would think a convicted murderer would waste food!

"In Texas, the tradition of customized last meals is thought to have been established around 1924, but in September 2011, the state of Texas abolished all special meal requests after condemned prisoner Lawrence Russell Brewer requested a large and expensive last meal, but did not eat any of it, stating that he was not hungry."

Who would think a convicted murderer would waste food!

I guess he showed them ...lol

Rob beat me to it. 😉 As far as I could find, Texas is the only state that doesn't grant some kind of last meal request because of what's stated above. A jerk who ruined it for everyone else.

You might be interested in this.

What Are the Restriction on Last Meal? > https://www.mylawquestions.com/what-are-the-restrictions-placed-on-a-last-meal.htm
To answer the question though, I'd have a light salad with low-fat dressing -- I'm watching my weight :giggle:
No worries in Senior Forum World, you still get a last meal of anything you want in whatever quantity you want, including liquor. Now, be a good boy and eat your salad. I'm throwing in a cupcake to temp you off your diet. 🧁😆

Who would think a convicted murderer would waste food!I
I think this is when if there was food left over from the last meal, it was given to the prisoners on death row. By ordering a huge last meal and not eating, it was a gift to his cellmates. That's when the state decided not to cater last meal "parties".

A t-bone steak (cooked medium), asparagus with lots of butter, a crumpet with lots of butter and raspberry jam, a mango pudding, a portuguese tart (maybe 2) and a hot strong tea (tetley) with milk and sugar. A bottle of sleeping pills to end it all as I don't want anyone else to end my life.

Back