What would you say is the most important lesson you've learned in life so far?

1. Choose your parents carefully
So true!

Nothing. I'm still mystified by life and why I'm here. Doesn't mean I haven't done anything or don't try new things. I just find it boring and tedious in general. I feel like I never wanted to do this, but someone booted me here anyway.
Same here.

And the most important thing I've learned is that, unfortunately, most of life--more than what people realize or will admit--is by invitation only. I learned way too late in life (due to not "choosing" the right parents or family...ha) that this applies to friendships or any kind of socializing: never ask to join a group, club or gathering that you're not already a member of; if they've known where to find you and wanted you to be a member, they would';ve already asked you. And every place I ever worked, no matter how qualified you were or weren't, you'd only get a position if you knew somebody. Wish I had learned that, especially the part about relationships a lot sooner; would've saved a lot of disappointment, embarrassment, and heartaches.

People matter a lot more than "stuff." Stuff is not important because you will not, (hear me again, YOU WILL NOT) be taking your stuff with you to the cremation place nor to the graveyard.

Back