What's brining you joy during this unusual time?

Sarah jessop

Hello! What is bringing you joy through this unusual time? Maybe your community has gotten stronger, maybe it hasn't? Maybe you have a new found love of crafts? Share it here :)

My joy has been baking! I wish I knew how to share a picture of my apple pie!

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks, and my daughter in Spain can't buy a Birthday card... (not essential). so she sent a single sheet of coloured paper with flowers she'd painted using the dogs paws, and then signed it with their paw prints... soo cute...it really made me smile.:love:

It\s arrived a couple of weeks early but that's because she thought that the post from the continent to here would be slower, in fact it was twice as quick as usual..she sent it Wednesday and it arrived today..

Hello! What is brining you joy through this unusual time? Maybe your community has gotten stronger, maybe it hasn't? Maybe you have a new found love of crafts? Share it here :)

My joy has been baking! I wish I knew how to share a picture of my apple pie!
Welcome Sarah from Herts....
welcomeflowersbird.jpg
what side of the river are you ?

Discovering childrens games for the second time, which is appropriate since our gang are all in their second childhood. 😊

Welcome, Sarah, kick your shoes off and jump in..... 😊

Watching TV keeps my mind occupied but music brings me joy. Knowing that my friends and family are OK at this time brings me joy. And taking long walks in the sun has brought me joy this past week. It's getting warm here and somehow I feel calmer feeling the heat brought on by the sun. Thankfully they haven't closed the parks here yet and everyone is keeping a safe distance from each other on the paths.

Welcome to the group.

My kids as usual bring me joy, but the pictures of my 2 year old great granddaughter; safe, warm, fed, and living with my daughter, give my greatest happiness. Her mother lives there as well, and while she gets to leave at any time, baby will remain with her grandmother per DCFS.

It warms my heart that I'm getting re-acquainted with my younger brother. It's been decades since we talked. When I decided to distance myself from my family, my brother's son, my nephew was in his early teens, He's 30, now.My brother and I were never "at war" with each other, but obligations to others kept us apart. I'm not out "fulfilling myself" by climbing mountains. That's kind of hard to do , if you're stuck in a wheelchair. Doing minor repairs around the house gives me great pleasure. It's coping with day to day stuff.

It warms my heart that I'm getting re-acquainted with my younger brother. It's been decades since we talked. When I decided to distance myself from my family, my brother's son, my nephew was in his early teens, He's 30, now.My brother and I were never "at war" with each other, but obligations to others kept us apart. I'm not out "fulfilling myself" by climbing mountains. That's kind of hard to do , if you're stuck in a wheelchair. Doing minor repairs around the house gives me great pleasure. It's coping with day to day stuff.
I have kept in touch with my brother but he does not keep in touch with me. So while I call him, to check on him and his, he has not called me in at least 6 years. Imagine my surprise when I got a call from him yesterday after just talking to him a week ago.

Something good to come out of the virus may be a repair of relationships.

I have kept in touch with my brother but he does not keep in touch with me. So while I call him, to check on him and his, he has not called me in at least 6 years. Imagine my surprise when I got a call from him yesterday after just talking to him a week ago.

Something good to come out of the virus may be a repair of relationships.
Nice...

Catching up on music videos, favourite t.v. series, and crocheting.

Welcome from Canada, Sarah :)
View attachment 97969
Pinky, you have an unimaginably large selection of "Greetings." In the entire time I have been a member of this forum, I do not remember even a single time when you have posted the same one twice. My hat is off to you Lady.

And Ruthanne is right there with you as I don't recall that she has ever repeated a "Greeting" either. I am in admiration of your ability to keep them all straight. I would mess it up, quite frankly.

Hello and welcome from New Jersey.
Right now I'm embroidering a decorative pillow top. I haven't done embroidery since I was a kid. It is so much easier now learning new stitches from the computer. It is to early to plant my veggie garden but I love researching new plants online to see if they will grow in my area.
I love to bake and try new recipes but right now I don't want to spend anymore time in the supermarket getting ingredients than I have to. I still bake items using the more common items I have on hand and make my homemade soups though.

Hi Ruth....My kids are all in NJ....We are at our go away home....Been here since December....At the time we didn't know this
was going to happen, My son wanted to come to pick us up, but if he tried to get here he would be confined for 14 days to
get in....We also were supposed to go home to NJ on April 30 by plane....They don't have any room....Anyway, here we are
pretty safe....So we really can't complain....I miss our Family....

Back