What's for dinner ( or lunch )

Hamburger patty and a vegetable medley of brocky, carrots and snow peas last night.

Today's brunch was eggs scrambled with the leftover vegetables from last night.

Tonight, no idea. Maybe toast and decaf. Or oatmeal.

One thing I am avoiding is store bought rolls and breads that are in bins and you use tongs to slip them yourself into a bag. Who knows who rifled through before you.

Making honey orange chicken breast with confetti brown rice.
I won’t tell my son, 😂, his favorite meal is Orange chicken, he will want to move in.

I have only been eating two meals a day. Canned corned beef w/potatoes for breakfast, or spam. I rarely eat cereal. Early dinner is processed canned food or a ground beef dish of some kind. But usually a hamburger or hot dog.

No changes in our home cooked meals. My wife has always paid attention to nutrition and is an excellent cook. She has been pretty successful at getting all of the fruits and vegetables that she wants. Some of the things that are in short supply kind of surprise us: pasta, frozen vegetables, chicken, dried beans.

What has changed for us is that like everyone else, we are not eating out anymore. We are trying to help keep our local restaurants afloat, at least the ones offering takeout. I am still afraid that our town is going to lose several of our smaller family restaurants if this goes on for too much longer.

Breakfast today: I normally stay away (to varying degrees) from sweets and other refined carbs. But some guys a mile down the road from me built a sugar shack last year, so this is their second year making maple syrup. And believe me, all maple syrup isn't the same, but this is good stuff.

So this morning I had homemade breakfast sausage with French toast, smothered with butter and fresh maple syrup.
clapping.gif

It's good on ice cream too, although IMO it's kind of wasteful to use it in any other way than to just drink it out of a shot glass. That's the only way you get the full flavor. So that's where MOST of it goes. :)

Today I had a banana for lunch..I took it with me on my walk through the woods and down to the lakes... and sat on a big wooden log by the creek in the sun, and ate it.

This evening I had Mustard ham cold cuts, Mashed spuds... and broccoli.... , alos had a dark choc Kit-kat...
What are mustard ham cold cuts? Is it mustard on a ham sandwich?-which I love btw

It's a drizzly and gloomy and cooler day today. It's a chili and cornbread day, fer shure! Chili's bubbling away on the stove and the cornbread is in the oven. Butter is softening for the cornbread and a jar of Brazilian Pepper honey from my daughter and son-in-law's apiary is waiting to be drizzled over it. I'm a happy camper.
I love chili. Chili does not love me. 😪

Back