What's happening to Amazon?

I ordered some things to decorate for Thanksgiving and am very disappointed. The Wood Dough Bowl (Medium size) is SMALL!!!

The Artificial Boston Fern Plants are horrible (more plastic than silk). And the Burlap Holiday Wreath Bow is not what I consider extra large.

Poor Baby! Such big problems!

I take back what I said about good service. Ordered a new book and received a picture of where it was delivered. Problem is that its not my door! Been trying to contact them with no luck so far.

I've had good luck with Amazon since the pandemic until recently. I had to return a defective bottle of peroxide which I did without incident. It was promptly refunded. Months later, I get an email telling me I must return the item by such and such a date or they will charge me for it. I phoned, quite irate, and was told after a few minutes to ignore the email and that I wouldn't be charged. Great- since I no longer had the long-ago-returned item! I don't know who was at fault. The item was sold by a small vendor but shipped by Amazon, so I had to go through Amazon's return process (per the vendor's instructions.) Still, I'm watching my credit card to make sure that bogus charge does not appear.

I take back what I said about good service. Ordered a new book and received a picture of where it was delivered. Problem is that its not my door! Been trying to contact them with no luck so far.
We have on occasion had that problem, but it was usually because of an error by the U.S. Postal Service (or maybe UPS), not because Amazon didn't ship it.

If I had to guess, we've had delivery problems maybe five times — and we've been ordering from Amazon since 1999, many times per year.

Your mileage may vary, but I am not finding that to be true at all.
Same here. So far quality and speed of delivery are unchanged. I'm an Amazon fan and probably always will be. Remember the old days, driving to three different stores looking for just the right thing? I can avoid all that with 5 minutes in front of the computer, and as a bonus I read comments from previous purchasers of the item I am interested in. Of course the down side is the closing of retailers and shopping malls. The world is changing.

As others suggested, check details, dimensions, etc. But, one of the things I like about Amazon is their excellent & simple return procedure.
Returns are usually free; even return shipping. A couple of items I was not happy with were "Not returnable." When I spoke to someone at Amazon, they refunded them & said, "Not necessary to return."
I had the same experience with a fairly pricey watch. I suspect that many of the problems people are experiencing with Amazon can be attributed to Amazon acting as a front for 3rd party sellers. Some Items are therefore not being shipped from an Amazon warehouse and may not be exactly as represented, or arrive on schedule. To Amazon's credit, whatever the source they seem be standing behind every sale.

I had the same experience with a fairly pricey watch. I suspect that many of the problems people are experiencing with Amazon can be attributed to Amazon acting as a front for 3rd party sellers. Some Items are therefore not being shipped from an Amazon warehouse and may not be exactly as represented, or arrive on schedule. To Amazon's credit, whatever the source they seem be standing behind every sale.
Yes they do. Never had a problem.

Maybe they're doing what many are doing and hiring foreigners to work in the warehouse. Maybe they can't speak or read English very well and are packing up the wrong items?

Back