What's the best email service provider for personal usage in your opinion?

Nope.

I've been using Gmail for the last 15 years. Not just email, but I use many of Google's services(photos, documents,Youtube, Keep notes etc).
Gmail does an excellent job of screening spam, for Windows users Gmail scans mail attachments for viruses and malware.
thanks @ Nathan!

Last edited:
Yahoo is okay.

Do not use Bluehost. It was recommended to me about 20 years ago. But I've had problems from the beginning, and now it's even worse. For example, I can't send any email that's longer than a couple of sentences.

I have to agree with Nathan. Knock Google all you want (sometimes justifiably)but their online services such as Gmail are so much more streamlined and efficient over the others. Yes, Google can be nosey about what you are up to (there are settings to control that) but when it comes to online security of your data Google is very good. You are very wise to finally get rid of using Yahoo. They have had many breeches over the past twenty years.

I have Gmail and Yahoo. They both have given me problems in the past but both were fixed so I'm okay with both. I also have GMX and Zoho and they are okay but not as good as the previous in my opionion yet nothing terribly wrong with them.

Yahoo is okay.

Do not use Bluehost. It was recommended to me about 20 years ago. But I've had problems from the beginning, and now it's even worse. For example, I can't send any email that's longer than a couple of sentences.
good to know, and thank you @ NorthernLight :)

I've used Gmail for several years and like it. It weeds spam, easy to use, love Gchat. I use most of Google offerings.
I did have a Yahoo account but closed it years ago. I also have one other email account for a back up and online ordering.
Thanks for the info! @ Right Now :)

I have Gmail and Yahoo. They both have given me problems in the past but both were fixed so I'm okay with both. I also have GMX and Zoho and they are okay but not as good as the previous in my opionion yet nothing terribly wrong with them.
@ Ruthanne, thanks, and I intend to check out GMX....

To become a member of Senior Forums I needed an email address. My wife and I have a clever techno-wotsit fellow who puts all the wrongs that I make when on line, right.

He set me up, his terminology, not mine, he set me up with an email address.

The only time that I have ever used it was to register here. I can't even remember what my email address is. Does it really matter? For what it's worth, I still reply to all correspondence by hand written snail mail. It always invokes a reply. Cracks me up when I get an answer back along the lines of: "Your's is the only letter that I have ever received, hand written."

Well there you go. The reason though for getting such a reply is because my response by snail mail is always written in italic script by fountain pen. A forgotten art perhaps?

script 001 - Copy.JPG

My favorite e-mail providers are MSN number one, Google number two and Yahoo number three. I use each e-mail provider for different groups and different interest that I have.
@ Lawrence, thanks! May I ask if you had any difficulties with Yahoo and what they were if any?

To become a member of Senior Forums I needed an email address. My wife and I have a clever techno-wotsit fellow who puts all the wrongs that I make when on line, right.

He set me up, his terminology, not mine, he set me up with an email address.

The only time that I have ever used it was to register here. I can't even remember what my email address is. Does it really matter? For what it's worth, I still reply to all correspondence by hand written snail mail. It always invokes a reply. Cracks me up when I get an answer back along the lines of: "Your's is the only letter that I have ever received, hand written."

Well there you go. The reason though for getting such a reply is because my response by snail mail is always written in italic script by fountain pen. A forgotten art perhaps?

View attachment 263459

@ horseless carriage. The techno wots it fellow, now everyone needs one of them :)

*snail mail is always written in italic script by fountain pen. A forgotten art perhaps?

Yes for many of us, it sure is, and odder thing is I used to love sending hand written
mail, with computer convenience, I have found myself having stopped doing so~

So lovely I think that you take the time to still do so with hand written letters in Italic
script...

Also your attachment is so very impressive and thanks for letting us take a look :)

:)

I have to agree with Nathan. Knock Google all you want (sometimes justifiably)but their online services such as Gmail are so much more streamlined and efficient over the others. Yes, Google can be nosey about what you are up to (there are settings to control that) but when it comes to online security of your data Google is very good. You are very wise to finally get rid of using Yahoo. They have had many breeches over the past twenty years.
Thanks @ MarkinPhx, Gmail sounds like my best bet I think, be gone Yahoo, welcome Gmail :)

Back