What's the last thing that you put in your mouth ...

Can't remember the last time I had a croissant, but it was well before the pandemic. You enjoy the most varied, interesting breakfasts of anyone on this thread, I think.
Oh ..really ?.. :D do you think ?..I can't say I've ever noticed tbh... however maybe it's because I have brunch rather than breakfast ( but this isn't the breakfast thread)..:sneaky:

My hubby just made our morning ‘smoko’ (working days term for morning tea )
So I had a peppermint cream biscuit with my tea
Had to look up the origins of "smoko." Turns out it refers to a short break for a cigarette.
Glad your smoko involves tea and peppermint cream cookie-type biscuits!

I'm still on coffee, flat white type (the white part being a frothed combo of almond and oat milks).

Had to look up the origins of "smoko." Turns out it refers to a short break for a cigarette.
Glad your smoko involves tea and peppermint cream cookie-type biscuits!

I'm still on coffee, flat white type (the white part being a frothed combo of almond and oat milks).
Only thing we don’t smoke @StarSong. :DAllot of work places still refer to moring tea as “smoko“ it’s a tradition that will stay at some places forever

Grapefruit, starting eating one every day if I can find them in the stores.
As a child I hated eating grapefruit because what my mom served was such a mess and so tart.

In my early twenties I worked with a Japanese woman who ate a grapefruit virtually every morning during a break (smoko??? :cool:).
However, she ate pink grapefruit instead of yellow, plus she peeled it like an orange. I was fascinated - it hadn't dawned on me to eat a grapefruit that way. She offered me a few sections and my eyes were opened to the wonder of grapefruit!

As a child I hated eating grapefruit because what my mom served was such a mess and so tart.

In my early twenties I worked with a Japanese woman who ate a grapefruit virtually every morning during a break (smoko??? :cool:).
However, she ate pink grapefruit instead of yellow, plus she peeled it like an orange. I was fascinated - it hadn't dawned on me to eat a grapefruit that way. She offered me a few sections and my eyes were opened to the wonder of grapefruit!
When I was a child I didn't like grapefruit as my Mother spooned sugar over it and it was too sweet for me. Back then it was a treat to have such a fruit. I don't remember if it was yellow or pink, probably pink. Now I eat it sugar free and peeled as your Japanese coworker did or usually cut up, though that is much more messy!

Back