When Coivid-19 is over and we're free to run around again, what kind of road trip would you like to go on?

I stole gahamg's thread about road trips. When Coivid-19 is over and we're free to run around again, what kind of road trip would you like to go on?
For me, I want a day trip to Gettysburg, PA to the Battlefield. I can still drive or maybe I'll go by bus. I love going there. I'm amazed at how they fought during the Civil War. Each side lined up and walked toward each other, then shot at each other. I don't know if I have their guts. That's why I like going there.

I'd like to go up to the Yukon or perhaps to Newfoundland, rent a car & drive to places that I missed on the last time I was there. Have been to Newfoundland but never to The Yukon. Would love to travel parts of Western USA but at my age travel insurance for the USA is a real killer when it comes to premiums. Too many horror stories about the fees American hospitals charge for their daily rate. Best to stay "North of the Border" but who knows; many a short trip to Yellowstone to see "Yogi Bear and his little side kick, Bobo." LOL

This country's roads and the massive population on a small Island means our roads aren't really built to drive any real distance on road trips with any enjoyment.

For me , I'm hoping to take a trip to Southern Italy as soon as the pandemic is all over ...much less traffic on the motorways there

@hollydolly
I loved travelling in Wales! Go to Somerset and keep going West!
Iknow the west country very well..I used to live there... in fact I've lived almost everywhere in the uk.. from Scotland right down to Cornwall... believe me our roads now are chocka-block..no fun driving like it used to be , unless we go way up to the Scottish highlands, beautiful but the weather is pretty bad most of the time

Iknow the west country very well..I used to live there... in fact I've lived almost everywhere in the uk.. from Scotland right down to Cornwall... believe me our roads now are chocka-block..no fun driving like it used to be , unless we go way up to the Scottish highlands, beautiful but the weather is pretty bad most of the time
This is so funny. I wanted to add Scotland, but I thought "No, I'll wait till she nixes Wales!"

IF/When this virus is brought under control, we plan to take another trip to Las Vegas. However, with the costs of driving back and forth...it's a long 2 days driving, both ways....we just hop a flight on SW Airlines....no gas, motels, meals, etc. Besides, sitting behind the wheel for over 3,000 miles is more than I care to do anymore.

IF/When this virus is brought under control, we plan to take another trip to Las Vegas. However, with the costs of driving back and forth...it's a long 2 days driving, both ways....we just hop a flight on SW Airlines....no gas, motels, meals, etc. Besides, sitting behind the wheel for over 3,000 miles is more than I care to do anymore.

Lunch at Rudy's on Lake Ontario.

Rudy%E2%80%99s-Lakeside-Restaurant.jpg

Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe.

I follow some camper van and RV people on YouTube, do it vicariously as it wouldn't be for me but I enjoy their adventures. So many places to see.

I know this will never happen, but in a perfect world I'd like to go back to a seaside area in Delaware where I used to go to fish. It wasn't a beach where beachgoers (bathing suits, etc.) went, but rather a windswept area of rocky sandunes where a few people went to quietly fish. I'd like to sit by the seaside at twilight and dawn and just watch the ocean and listen to the sea birds.

It probably is all different now, anyway, all built up and ruined.

Back