When was the last time you did something new ?

My garden hose is about 6 years old and has sprung leaks in 2 sections. I was watching the shopping channel and I saw advertised the Copper Bullet Pocket Hose. I bought the one that expands to 7.5 m and used it in my garden today. After a couple of mishaps attaching it to the tap, it started to expand, and it works a treat. It says to completely drain it and store it always indoors. I think I'm on a winner.

Bit long I'm afraid. There's more than one and the last one is rather funny - well I think it is 😂

I've tiled and grouted before but never scraped old grout out and regrouted, which is what I've just about completed in the shower cubicle.

Couple of months ago, the elbow on the outside outlet pipe to the washing machine pipe inside had snapped. Good thing I spotted it too, not hard to miss really as the pipe was lying on the ground. Went to the plumbers and bought a replacement elbow, fitted it easily enough.
Not something I've done before.

After that, I discovered I'd lost my debit card. Which I've never done before.
Phoned the plumbers, nope not there. (All this was on a Saturday)
So phoned the bank hotline to cancel the card and request a new one.
After a lot of faffing about and not being able to answer her security questions or know some password number that apparently I should know, she said she couldn't help apart from cancelling the card. TBH I'd no idea what they wanted from me re password and security questions and she was getting rather exasperated. 😵‍💫
She told me to put the phone down and call back straight away. Which I did. Presumably she wanted me to do that to find out if it was an authentic call.

She asked the same questions, which I still had no idea about. She asked me to get my last statement and asked info on transactions on certain dates listed on the statement.
Eventually she told me to go to my branch where I could get cash until I received a new card (and don't forget to take my ID etc).

So, come Monday morning, I went to bank explained what had happened. Transpires in all the Xmillion number of years I've been with them since a teen, I've never had security question/s nor a password number.
All worked out ok, the card had been cancelled by the phone lady on Saturday. I ordered a replacement and drew out £500 cash to cover me till I received the new card. She gave me the cash in an envelope. She also set me up with a personal security question of my chosing and a password number. (Think the number is all to do with online banking, which I don't do).

The finale and something else I've never done before.
I've one section in my purse where I only keep my cards. The other section is for cash, which I rarely have these days.
After the bank, and with the envelope of cash secure in my bag, I went to the Post Office to pay a couple of bills.
Got the envelope out, got some cash out, passed it across, received change, got my purse out of my bag to put the cash in there - and guess where I found the card that I thought I'd lost?
Yeah, in the cash section part which I never use for cards 🤣

I was tempted to go back to the bank to tell them I'd found it. Then decided, nah, I don't mind looking stupid but I don't want it confirmed I am stupid. 😁

I rarely deviate from my daily routine, so something new is usually related to an accident.

This morning, I dislocated a toe. Moments afterward, I reset it. I am hoping to get through the day with no more something news. 🙂
Oh wow...*OUCH********....I hope you've cushioned it in case you catch it while it's healing...

Back