where can a young person get insurance

twinkles

i have a grandson that works at walmart part time-- out of a blue sky without notice they cancelled his health insurance-he went to the doctor for a check up and that is how he found out--where can he find insurance at?

If he's too old to be on his parent's ins. (26 I think), he'll have to call an ins broker.
An agent will sell for the company. A broker will find him the best value among different companies.

If he is under income, he may qualify for med ins from the State.

Don't forget, if he's injured at work, worker's comp should cover.

"How do I apply for health insurance in Georgia?
Call 1-800-318-2596 to apply for a health insurance plan and enroll over the phone. (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) Apply in person. Visit a trained counselor in your community to get information, apply, and enroll in person"

I'm surprised your grandson was covered for part-time.

i have a grandson that works at walmart part time-- out of a blue sky without notice they cancelled his health insurance-he went to the doctor for a check up and that is how he found out--where can he find insurance at?
Try Healthcare.gov ....

For anyone to be denied health insurance is criminal in my mind, and to be above board - health insurance has stuck in my craw since I went into business for myself ten years ago. The amount I am required to pay for it is absurd! I mentioned earlier in another thread that I support USA made products, but the deck is stacked against small business here in the USA, in many ways, and I really wonder how any of us prosper.

Young people have enough debt with college loans, car payments, house payments to be burdened with this kind of garbage. Young people are at the bottom of the pyramid supporting all those above them who take advantage of health insurance. Why, in your right mind, would you deny them coverage?

I really am a happy go lucky guy, but some things just rub the fur the wrong way.

Last edited:
He had free health insurance? Did he miss a bill? Who ever the insurance company was for Walmart should sent him a notice saying his policy was going to be terminated. Some retailers in particular require so many hours a week to maintain benefits-did they cut his hours?

That being said I hate to say he could try the aca exchanges or local blue cross. Or just pay out of pocket for urgent care if possible.

no my grandson never missed a payment cause they took it right out of his paycheck--however he did find some 70$ a month but it is better than paying a large amount to a doctor

Back