Where is the best place to buy a computer (not online)?

Not a high-end gamer, but I do play some online games (Ludo, Mah Jongg, etc.), which I understand Chromebook is not stellar at doing. This is my current system specs and would like to know what specs to look for in a new system:

Speccy.jpg

Not a high-end gamer, but I do play some online games (Ludo, Mah Jongg, etc.), which I understand Chromebook is not stellar at doing. This is my current system specs and would like to know what specs to look for in a new system:

Those specs look fairly typical for a system from a decade ago. Today, a quad core processor, with a speed of 3GZ. or more, 8+ Gig of Ram, Nvidia display/audio adapters, a Gigabyte motherboard, and at least dual high capacity cooling fans, would be preferable to most of the lesser Brand Name systems......IMO.

Best buy, if you want an Apple, you can't buy one anywhere. Best Buy handles Apple in the Midwest. I'd go to best buy for any kind of computer.
They know more about them and will be of more help.

@debodun is there a compelling reason you don’t want a laptop?

Most decent laptops there days can do everything a desktop computer can do, with the added benefit that it’s portable if you want it to be. If you don’t like using a trackpad (I don’t, though when I’m lugging it around for client stuff I will) you can buy one for under $20 that will be totally compatible with your Bluetooth enabled laptop.

First of all it depnds on what you use the compooper for. Don't be dazzled by star ratings because they are rated on many different things and most may not apply to what you need. Now retired I don't use my compooper for anything other than the internet.

Back