Which kitchen utensils/gadgets do you use often?

Which do you use fairly regularly?

• Whisk

• Bench scraper

• Grater

• Spatula(s)

• Corkscrew

• Tongs

• Pastry brush

• Turkey baster

• Cooling rack (separate from over rack)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spatulas(silicone, they last for years), tongs(one with long handles that I can reach items in cupboard with),
immersible mixer for my soups, corkscrew ,wooden spoons, measuring cups, potato peeler( mostly used
to peel strings off of celery) and also for thin slices of cheese, an oven mitt and pot holder are on a hook
beside the stove, and too many other utensils to mention.

I use commercial rubber spatulas that are high-heat resistant. I buy 4 or 5 at a time from the restaurant supply store. Tried the "home cook" version from Rubbermaid via Amazon, but it's floppier and too much of a bowl-shape. Plus, it's actually cheaper at the pro store, and they last for decades.

I bake for family and friends. We host large parties in our home for which I make pizza all night (usually 24 per party). During the parties guests of all ages decorate cookies and then take home trays of cookies that we pre-assemble that afternoon plus whatever they've decorated that evening.

During the holiday season I make roughly 5000 cookies. I know, because one year my husband asked me to count them. We give a lot away as party gifts, plus ship about 20 boxes to friends and family who've live afar.

Back