Which musical instrument do you think is the most annoying?

I have a son that plays trumpet, not fun when they are learning but magic when they have it down. He was in the high school marching band and they won far too many contest, including national championship. His best friends, also trumpet players spent many a night in out house playing.

The @Sunny that does not get enough attention is the oboe. It does make the prettiest sound when done right. There is one british show, I think it is Midsommer that features a oboe in the opening credits, sends chills down my spine everytime.

When my eldest son first started learning the Trombone a neighbour put an ad in the local paper saying, "Trombone for sale, must sell by the weekend as it's annoying the neighbours". I was a bit upset when people kept ringing wanting to buy it ,until I said it was a hoax. Later on, when he became a professional musician people would boast saying they knew him as a young lad.

My dad could play several instruments. He taught me how to play a few, but the harmonica was fun. He played the flute really beautifully. I tried, but couldn’t keep the keys straight.
That's wonderful. I asked my dad once what kind of music he liked. He said he didn't like any of it, it was all just noise to him. I was shocked at first but after a few years began to understand. I think some people just have that proverbial tin ear, have other priorities and just don't care to delve into it. He was kind enough however to buy me that first drum set.

Back