White hair fashionable

I was referring to hair like Cher or singer Becky Hobbs. Okay if you like shoulder length whiteness. Long hair on ladies after a certain age looks strange to me. Especially white and gray. On men also. Of course they don't care what me and most men think about that and clothes they wear either
My hair is so so and I don't like it Salt and pepper thin and balding. I thought of a hairpiece. Expensive. Maybe it is worth it?
Well that explains everything. 🤔🥺
I think people have to go with what looks good on them and what they feel comfortable with. As we age, our hair changes, as does our ability to take care of it.
I completely agree. You wear your hair, your clothes, your entire look to please yourself and it changes as we age. If others don’t like it, ……. too bad!!!💁‍♀️

"Is white hair fashionable"?

IMO, not only is white hair fashionable, it's sexy, too!

Sexy, from the standpoint of looks, but sexy, too, from the standpoint that it tells that older people have lived, they have life experience behind them.

ba8a1bd4fc34bc8b09cd3cb6083c9731.jpg

I covered the grey for several years and wore it in a straight bob, but after a bad dye job when I tried another color, I let the grey grow out and then cut it short. What a liberation that was! I found out that I look much better with short black-and-silver hair and never went back. The Spousal Equivalent has been after me for years to wear my hair longer and I told him that when he gets rid of the "18-hair comb-over", we'll discuss the length of *my* hair. Needless to say, he still has the comb-over and my hair is still short....LOL.

Doubt I ever stop coloring my hair, unless I get sick or unable to do so, I want to look good as I can and I want my husband to continue thinking I'm hot stuff! LOL

Just because a lady gets to a certain age it doesn't mean she should give up and stop taking care of herself, JMO.

Doubt I ever stop coloring my hair, unless I get sick or unable to do so, I want to look good as I can and I want my husband to continue thinking I'm hot stuff! LOL

Just because a lady gets to a certain age it doesn't mean she should give up and stop taking care of herself, JMO.

Ladies with dyed hair look young and beautiful...but I think ladies who choose to age naturally are also beautiful.
Also, I don't think white or gray hair means we "stopped taking care of ourselves"

Ladies with dyed hair look young and beautiful...but I think ladies who choose to age naturally are also beautiful.
Also, I don't think white or gray hair means we "stopped taking care of ourselves"
My husband said if he was playing the field at his age (he turns 60 this year), he'd be hot on the heels of a white-haired woman long before he'd look at a younger woman.

He says the draw for him in attraction (aside from looks), is that older women are (for the most part) more mature (I agree), have lived life and are not only comfortable in their skin, they're confident in their skin, they carry themselves well, are established (for the most part), and know what they want.

When I was younger, age 10 through to my mid teens, I served tea at our church throughout the year for special occasions, and looking back on it in retrospect, it was the white-haired ladies that always stole the show.

They were always dressed immaculately, carried themselves so womanly-like, were proper, polite, well-versed and mature, and there was a warmth about them that words can't describe, just something about them that was above and beyond, their white hair distinguishing them as well-lived.

Some of the greatest conversations I have experienced in my day are tied to white-haired women.

View attachment 166281

To me, this looks really nice.
grey.jpg
The reason being, it's not the hirsute appearance, although the style is certainly attractive. It's not the careful make-up, accentuating the eyes, nor is it the skilfully applied lipstick. It's the genuine smile, a smile that gives warmth and reassurance, through the eyes as well as the mouth, a smile like that melts hearts and shuts down argument. Only a lady can smile like that.

Ok wait it minute. The way you have phrased your opinion makes it sound like if you colour your hair, that means you are looking after yourself. Only women that colour their hair look hot?

So those who don’t colour their hair are letting themselves go?

I think you are making huge generalizations that just aren’t true. I’ve seen plenty of attractive people who don’t colour their hair, both male and female.

...it was the white-haired ladies that always stole the show.

They were always dressed immaculately, carried themselves so womanly-like, were proper, polite, well-versed and mature, and there was a warmth about them that words can't describe, just something about them that was above and beyond, their white hair distinguishing them as well-lived.

Some of the greatest conversations I have experienced in my day are tied to white-haired women.
You just described my late mother to a tee...classy lady she was...right to the end. After her passing, I found a book of her's in which she had penned, "My purpose in life is to be a good example". And she sure was. Btw, her hair was white as the driven snow.

Last edited:
You just described my late mother to a tee...classy lady she was...right to the end. After her passing, I found a book of her's in which she had penned, "My purpose in life is to be a good example". And she sure was. Btw, her hair was pure white as the driven snow.
How lovely that is.

What a warm memory to hold.

Ok wait it minute. The way you have phrased your opinion makes it sound like if you colour your hair, that means you are looking after yourself. Only women that colour their hair look hot?

So those who don’t colour their hair are letting themselves go?
silver hair.jpg
Of course they are not, and you reasoning has sound argument. Models like this one seen here, have spent a life before the camera lens. The real beauty of this lady is the age scars as seen in her neck. I t doesn't seem to bother her, indeed, she has a haughty, "take me as I am," kind of appeal. Good for her.

View attachment 166284
Of course they are not, and you reasoning has sound argument. Models like this one seen here, have spent a life before the camera lens. The real beauty of this lady is the age scars as seen in her neck. I t doesn't seem to bother her, indeed, she has a haughty, "take me as I am," kind of appeal. Good for her.
Absolutely.

Last edited:
Ladies, Marg, Keesha, I concur with your assessment. For decades, centuries even, marketing has been a male orientated industry. And as far as the marketing men are concerned, youth is everything. Adolescent males, seeing all this youth derived advertising, are at an impressionable age, they really don't understand that they are being seduced into worshipping the woman as an object. A youthful, never to grow old, fantasy figure, despite the reality being the opposite.

Sadly, some of those, easily seduced young men, will grow up to become ad-men and thus perpetuate the youth is everything myth.

And just because you’re not colouring your hair, it doesn’t mean you’re not looking after yourself. JMO.

It took me a long time to give it up. Then I looked around at all the dyed hair on older women and realized how artificial the look was. Nobody was being kidded about my age or anyone else’s.

Our hair loses its colour just like our skin does. They should be appropriate with each other. It doesn’t mean not dying, just accenting what suits you.

And just because you’re not colouring your hair, it doesn’t mean you’re not looking after yourself. JMO.
How that comment resonated with me. When I go to work my body has had a good freshen up under the shower, my teeth have been brushed, my shoes polished and my clothes are all ironed, pressed and well presented.

Why on earth that should intimidate some is beyond me. Never, ever, would I make a remark, even if you had a stale odour through lack of washing, your breath might strip paint and your appearance be slovenly, but if that's your choice, so be it.

But it seems that some are intimidated by a scrubbed up appearance, so much so that they cannot just accept others cannot come to terms with a slob appearance. They don't like retaliation either: When an insult comes my way, it won't go without retort: "You stink if you want to, some of us have standards."

My father's hair prematurely turned white ..in his 30s! I inherited the gene..but only turned later in life. I have often thought of dyeing it but when I talk about it even my hairdresser says the color is so good don't touch it...so I don't. :giggle:
I keep it short and while some older women can get away with long hair IMO maybe some should not. As I type this I am thinking..I should not be critical because who cares...does it really matter???
So I will end with do what makes you happy and don't worry about what others think or say😀

Deleted. Not worth it
Keesha, I love it. So many times I have clicked on the reply button, cannot assimilate my thoughts into a coherent structure that illustrates my response in words, in precisely the way that I want to describe my thoughts. The English language is one of the most versatile in the world, yet, like you, there are times that I am left speechless.

Back