Who has a in-ground swimming pool?

I've been contacted by a sister of this woman I take care of that if I buy a house with four bedroom's and a in-ground pool she would move in. Here sister just loves swimming. She would use it seven days a week. This pool would be at a Tennessee house.
The woman you care for would move in, or her sister would move in, or they both would move in?

We've had a pool since 1985. As CM said above, it's not a big deal to keep clean. Virtually everyone we know with an in-ground pool either has an automatic vacuum or a pool service (which gets expensive). Our chemicals, diatomaceous earth (for the filter) and misc. supplies run under $500 per year. Our pool is 20 X 36 at its widest points.

View attachment 112668View attachment 112669
And this is drool worthy. How nice that would be to have an early morning swim in that. Beautiful!
Nice size too.

Love your pool . That’s gorgeous. Your entire patio area is beautiful and so well kept. Do you ever have pool parties?

Your question to GardenLover struck me because I believe he lives in FL. As in So Cal, pools are commonplace in people's yards so they rarely go to another person's home to swim.

I haven't had a "pool party" since my kids were in elementary school, though we've hosted outdoor parties where people are welcome to take a dip. Rarely does anyone take us up on it.

Your question to GardenLover struck me because I believe he lives in FL. As in So Cal, pools are commonplace in people's yards so they rarely go to another person's home to swim.

I haven't had a "pool party" since my kids were in elementary school, though we've hosted outdoor parties where people are welcome to take a dip. Rarely does anyone take us up on it.
I guess I just figure that they make such an nice venue type of place that they’d be perfect for entertaining but if everyone’s already got one then I guess it’s no big deal . Lol

Then again, people would get wet and want to take a shower , wash their hair , change, dry their hair, put make up on etc. That would disrupt the flow of socializing. I hadn’t really thought it all over and right now it’s the last thing on everyone’s mind due to Covid.

I've had my pool about 8 years. run the automated pool vacuum as needed (twice a week) and empty the skimmer each morning.

My neighbors pool on the other hand is nothing but trouble for them, not sure why the difference.
What do you mean by "nothing but trouble?" I'm referring to general maintenance, which takes hardly any time or effort in our experience, and certainly not "all weekend" as stated in another post. Does he have a lot of trees or something that would cause a lot of debris in the pool?

This pool is at our home in Missouri. There are a number of people with pools here, but the season is much shorter. We like to throw parties for the social aspect. The pool in Florida is much nicer for many reasons, the main one being that the HOA takes care of it. ;)

What do you mean by "nothing but trouble?" I'm referring to general maintenance, which takes hardly any time or effort in our experience, and certainly not "all weekend" as stated in another post. Does he have a lot of trees or something that would cause a lot of debris in the pool?
There's been four different owners since I've lived next door - all of them have had some degree of trouble with the pool's chemistry and maintaining consistently good water quality - not sure why. It's a liner pool and deeper, whereas my is fiberglass - otherwise the same environment.

Last edited:
This pool is at our home in Missouri. There are a number of people with pools here, but the season is much shorter. We like to throw parties for the social aspect. The pool in Florida is much nicer for many reasons, the main one being that the HOA takes care of it. ;)

There's been four different owners since I've lived next door - all of them have had some degree of trouble with the pool's chemistry and maintaining consistently good water quality - not sure why. It's a liner pool and deeper, whereas my is fiberglass - otherwise the same environment.
That explains the pool parties! When I lived in the northeast I went to plenty of pool parties. Lucky me to have known several people with in-ground pools back then.

Oh come on Marg. You know how selfish I am. I can’t inagine anyone else in that pool but ME! 🥳🤩
ROFLMAO! I don't believe it! :)

It's been a fun day joking around with and ribbing Ruthanne, on the purchase of her new car, so I figured a little ribbing was in order for you, too! LOL!

Yes I do and I enjoy it a lot.
159448022638964317.jpg

Here’s a clearer picture of my pool
The other ones blurry
View attachment 112847

We have basically the same pool at our house in Arkansas. The best investment I ever made was the wedding cake style steps so I don't have to use a ladder. :)
I put mine off the back deck of the house.

DSC02318.JPG pool.JPG DSC02361.JPG

Back