Who's the most famous person you've ever met?

Most of the Royals but the nicest people were Sir Matt Busby and George Best (it's a football thing)

I would have loved to meet Myron Floren! He was one of my favorite people on the Lawrence Welk show, which my parents watched every week all the years I was growing up. I had a toy accordion when I was a little girl but never learned to play a real one. What duet did you and he play?

Myron and I played a Polka for the fans....I can't remember the exact one, after all these years. They sent me several songs to practice, then the night before the show, I joined the band for a rehearsal, and was on stage with them for probably 30 minutes. It was quite an experience, and Welk, Floren, and all the band members were really nice people.

I guess I would say Mickey Mantle. I collect baseball autographs. Check out my Avatar photo, A Very Cool photo of the two of us. :) . Other baseball players from yesteryear as well. Thanks.

As I mentioned before, George Goebel was my advanced pilot flight training instructor.
We flew many hours around Altus, Oklahoma....day AND night.

After the war, he was playing a gig at a Chicago hotel and we had a long chat after his gig.

His wife Alice was there with him.

I also had to get Shirley McClain's signature on a contract when she lived in Malibu.

Having lived in NY, I've met a number of famous people, even went on a date with one or two or more people in the entertainment industry nothing substantial worth writing about happened; two I don't even remember their names, but probably could look them up and recall, one I might still have his business card in an old wallet. Another has been in several movies and tv series and still is on a tv series, which may have ended this year. I was watching the series, not knowing he was going to be in it. Watching him was annoying as his character became kind of unlikable, at least to me. That wasn't the main reason I stopped watching. Seems he shows up in a couple of series I do enjoy. One I didn't realize it was him till years later.

When I first met the actor and he told me he was an actor, I rolled my eyes to myself and under my breath said yeah right. But then some time later after figuring out why the guy creeped me out, I realized it was because he reminded me of a character he actually played on "Law And Order". I doubt he'd remember me, except maybe if he saw and old picture, but, probably not even then unless I talk about the date itself and how awkward the date felt. I'm sure I was the one that said there wasn't going to be a second, think I cut the first short. Like I said I was creeped out and not exactly looking to date someone who didn't have a real job. SNOB! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Guess he showed me. Today he has a beautiful wife, very successful career in his field of choice, but still we weren't a match no matter what.

I've met Hillary Clinton, not many NYurs haven't, met a Clinton or two at some time or another. I worked on a Dionne Warwick project/concert so I met her. Considering how crazy my life was and how my memory is shot, I'm sure there are people who just didn't leave much of an imprint in my mind for me to remember having met them and for visa versa.

But most note worthy famous person, for me, will always be my great-granddad from the Charles' Kuralt series and Books "On The Road" Last Brick Maker In America". CBS owned the rights to the name so used it to make a movie loosely based on my GGF, but not reallly my GGF, only connection was the dedication and hard work. Sidney Poitier played the lead.

George H. Black's house. 0jpg.jpg

How impressive your past was and still is April.....luved reading about it....I'm sure it wasnt all glitz, right? And how proud you are of that grand pappy of yours....:)

Of course it wasn't, plenty of heart ache, struggles, loss and pain along the way, but, I can never say, I didn't make the best out of what I was dealt and haven't missed out on having some fun times along the way even in spite of it all. I don't have to sit back and wish I'd done anything because I lived a very full life while I was able to. I've written about the pain long ago, on this site, but removed that info as I just prefer not to dwell on something that serves no purpose but to air my deepest sorrow to an audience to gawk at no thanks. We all have our good and bad experiences, I'm just relating my stories that are relatable to the threads of interest to me here and there. I have my not so great experiences, but, who cares, none relevant to this thread though. :)

Another pic of great-gd, he was in his 90's when Nixon admin sent him to teach the people in Guyana to make bricks.
grand dad with nixon.jpg

I met Tony Orlando and Dawn at a Rock and Roll venue...My husband was in a Doo Wop singing group....

I was at my cousin's 16th Birthday Party at his Father's Night Club....I met Patty Page....

I have a Rock Star Cousin....I won't put his name here....

I was with my Mom at the Mall when John F. Kennedy came in his motorcade...Actually stopped to say hello to Mom, me and other's....

My husband met many Doo Wop singers....I can't remember most of them...In the 60's....

I was a union musician in the 70s, and played lounges in Las Vegas and Hollywood. Met a lot of stars (was in the band at the private cocktail party for Sophia Loren and Peter O'Toole for the premiere opening of Man of La Mancha- what a guest list!)

In the early 90's I won a trip to LA to attend the American Comedy Awards. Met several funny stand up comics. Also stood in line in the ladies room next to Ellen Degeneris and Jamie Lee Curtis. At the end of the award show, those who attended got "goodie bags" I went and got mine, and was standing not far from the window where you picked them up. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, and a gentlemans voice asking "Where do I go to pick up mine?" I turned and it was Martin Landau (from Mission Impossible), He had won an award for being in the movie Ed Wood. He was holding his award so I calmly asked "can I touch it?" he laughed and said "You can even hold it, it you give it back".

The first apartment my new husband & I rented was owned by a young man and his wife who lived downstairs. (An old apartment building in which we had to share the second floor hall bathroom with another tenant.? He and his young wife once invited us to their apartment & we had a pleasant time. Years after we moved, I saw that our now exlandlord had become a democratic Senator of WI. USA. Senator Risser.

I don't recall meeting anyone else "famous".

Met BB about 40 years at a club in Atlanta. Hubby and I were there dancing and I was singign out to his song and he called me up on stage to sign with him. He is a nice man and a gentleman.

Also met the Edgar and Johnny Winters at a club in Atlanta. They just came into the club after a concert in their limo when it was closing. w had just got off work on night shift at GM Assembly and went to The Rose Room a few minutes before it closed so we got to stay after closing too. Just regular acting nice guys. We partied with them for a couple hours.

Not a good performance but it is one.

I've met a few including Mario Andretti (race car driver) and Hank Ketcham (creator of Dennis the Menace). The one who impressed me the most was George H. W. Bush. We attended the same church for a while. What a fine gentleman!.

I've met a few including Mario Andretti (race car driver) and Hank Ketcham (creator of Dennis the Menace). The one who impressed me the most was George H. W. Bush. We attended the same church for a while. What a fine gentleman!.

I've met many politicians since I was heavy into politics at one time but not at all anymore,but no presidents.
I can imagine Bush being friendly,he has that type of personality it seems.

I can imagine Bush being friendly,he has that type of personality it seems.
While living in Maine I got to know a number of people who had known him prior to his vice presidency - some since he was a child. Without exception, and including some who disagreed with him politically, all commented favorably about his courtesy, character, energy. and enthusiasm.

Maybe the Pres of USA when he came to Australia.. Bill Clinton came and we met him at Sydney airport..
The plane came in and people were saying to him as he stood in the doorway of the plane "Come over here Bill " which he did , right down to the crowd and
walked amongst us . came to me and my husband and ask our name where we lived and general chat for 2 min as he did with most there as well ..
went to leave and gave me a hug .shook hands with my husband .. . very nice man one thing I remember was his aftershave mmmm smelt lovely ...

George HW Bush and Barbara coming out of an elevator with their secret service detail at a hotel in Downtown Houston.
And back in 1950 .. Dwight Eisenhower in Washington DC.

Back