Why Choosing a Doctor is a Roll of the Dice

when I moved 3yrs ago to the country =I picked a Dr out of the hat so to speak iam not one for going much but when I have
iam still not sure wether to change him - my other Dr was brilliant = so iam a little deflated with this one !

There are web sites to rate local doctors
Yes, there are. But this information is intentionally kept from prospective patients. The ratings are from patients who are fortunate enough to have not been hurt by the doctor.

What do you do when the doctor is a referral from your PCP? My mom had a referral like that and I believe caused her to die sooner than she had to. And when I looked him up on the web, the negative opinion expressed was the same as what we saw with my mother. But then, people have to be careful about what they say on the internet because then you can be sued for posting that opinion.

What do you do when the doctor is a referral from your PCP? My mom had a referral like that and I believe caused her to die sooner than she had to. And when I looked him up on the web, the negative opinion expressed was the same as what we saw with my mother. But then, people have to be careful about what they say on the internet because then you can be sued for posting that opinion.
According to several attorneys, "The truth is its own defense." That means that you can't be sued unless you're saying something that isn't true & it hurts business. Or, if you are sued, the other party won't be successful unless they prove you're lying. And, an opinion is not a lie.
I have posted (well-deserved) bad reviews & a couple of owners contacted me & threatened to sue me. I said, "Be my guest." They never did, because they knew they would not be successful & they probably also realized it would result in even more bad publicity for them because I would add the information about their failed lawsuit.

Back