Why Companies Pay Dividends

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have a big, big problem accepting others information.

You started posting on this thread with your attitude that you know it all. You do not.
I don’t know sh#t …but I do know who the smartest people on the subject are and I learn from them .

you on the other hand just go on believing your own bull sh*t and dont want to learn …you keep parroting the same incomplete article and don’t even look at the math of what is really going on when dividends are paid ,or the finra rules that demand that share prices are reduced and dividends are a wash

I don’t know sh#t …but I do know who the smartest people on the subject are and I learn from them .

you on the other hand just go on believing your own bull sh*t and dont want to learn …you keep parroting the same incomplete article and don’t even look at the math of what is really going on when dividends are paid ,or the finra rules that demand that share prices are reduced and dividends are a wash
It is telling when you get nasty and said this.."you on the other hand just go on believing your own bull sh*t and dont want to learn"

Enough of your nasty posts to me when you do not have any respect for the links I provided to help you out and the fact you do not respect any opinion that proved you wrong.

https://www.thebalance.com/why-do-companies-pay-dividends-5185975

Part of link..

Why Do Companies Pay Dividends?​

Dividends are one of two primary ways that investors earn money through stock investing; the other being capital gains. And while dividends can be enticing to investors, not all companies pay them. Let’s discuss why companies pay dividends, as well as a couple of reasons why a company might not.

Sharing Profits With Investors​

Simply put, dividends are a way for companies to share their profits with investors. Companies can use dividends to reward investors and entice them to stick around. But for a company to share profits with investors, it must actually have profits to share. As a result, dividends are most common from well-established companies that generate consistent revenue. Stocks of such companies are usually known as income stocks and pay regular dividends.

Why Companies Don’t Pay Dividends​

So, if dividends help to attract and maintain investors, why don’t all companies pay them? While there are solid reasons that companies choose to pay dividends, there are also good reasons why some don’t.

First, when companies pass their profits on to the shareholders, they aren’t reinvesting them back into the company. And ultimately, those reinvestments can help the company to grow, thereby increasing the stock price.

Dividends are less common among startups and other growing companies that must reinvest in the company to grow. These stocks, known as growth stocks, are often considered a good trade-off for investors because they expect significant capital gains.

=====================================================================

For me Dividends are a great way to invest in good or great companies. They keep paying during good or bad times. During the down market we are in you do not need to sell stocks that are down and you can wait for the market to re-bond. No need to sell stocks were you have big gains and pay income taxes on the gains.
I have requested to have this thread removed as its getting to be a shouting match by one know it all poster which is or was not the attention of my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back