Why do some people be shouty loud?

Rose65

On TV or street corners, preachers shouting and carrying on in a patronising scolding manner. I wonder if anyone was ever converted to religion by that?

Or people you know who just can't turn their voice volume down in daily life.
Personally, if anyone begins shouting or even raising their voice at me, I close my mind to whatever they say.

So how do you react to noisy people?

I don't care for loud people either. A guy who lives in my building is very nice but has the loudest voice I have ever heard. Plus he talks to everyone regardless of the time. He has woke many times in the evening by having conversations on my hall (of course, my apartment is right across from the elevator so I hear everything!) or outside. I haven't complained about him because he has been very helpful around here. So I will put up with it.

My wife has a 'loud voice' problem. I have determined that she talks loudly because her hearing has gone bad. I know this because I went through a similar situation. I have hearing aids now and my voice is normal volume. My wife has not yet accepted the fact that her hearing is bad, and she will not go and get checked out by a hearing doctor. Until then, all around her must deal with her speaking loud...in time she will go get her hearing checked.

But I don't think anyone will get her to wear hearing aids, even those that go in the ear...but sometimes she surprises me...time will tell. I understand, it is hard to grow old!

I don't care for loud people either. A guy who lives in my building is very nice but has the loudest voice I have ever heard. Plus he talks to everyone regardless of the time. He has woke many times in the evening by having conversations on my hall (of course, my apartment is right across from the elevator so I hear everything!) or outside. I haven't complained about him because he has been very helpful around here. So I will put up with it.
I just wish I could turn down the volume with people like that! They can be very nice but just so loud.

Some people can’t hear themselves the way others hear them. It might be that their sense of hearing isnt as acute as others. Some people don’t know how to whisper. My husband is one of them. He is loud. He goes downstairs to talk to his father every Sunday and I can hear him perfectly upstairs. He baby talks to our dogs really loud also . I’ve mentioned his lack of hearing and have wondered if a hearing aid would help. The thing is, a person has to realize they have hearing issues before they will do anything.

Note:generally speaking , I try and stay away from loud people

I have determined that she talks loudly because her hearing has gone bad.
I’ve wondered if that’s me. Sometimes I talk to someone that I meet and wonder after if my voice was loud.

Years ago when we were travelling my ear was plugged. I was talking and everything sounded fine in my head. Everyone at the dinner table was leaning forward to hear what I was saying.

Most people who talk loud are hearing impaired. These same people monopolized conversations in groups and they have trouble hearing others talk. I used to do both but now that I have cochlear implants everyone else always seems to be too loud. Some people just talk loud and that is the way they are.

Some people can’t hear themselves the way others hear them. It might be that their sense of hearing isnt as acute as others. Some people don’t know how to whisper. My husband is one of them. He is loud. He goes downstairs to talk to his father every Sunday and I can hear him perfectly upstairs. He baby talks to our dogs really loud also . I’ve mentioned his lack of hearing and have wondered if a hearing aid would help. The thing is, a person has to realize they have hearing issues before they will do anything.

Note:generally speaking , I try and stay away from loud people
Patty. Does he set the sound level on the TV so high that you are forced to TURN IT DOWN all the time ? That, to me, is the sign that he needs to have his hearing TESTED by a professional. JimB.

I don't mind loud talkers, usually, because I was raised with loud talkers. Feels normal to me.

Some families are simply loud people. That does happen. Cats are the same way. Ever had a cat who is just a LOUD meower? I have.
I've also had cats who were little peep meowers.
We have a pair of cats presently - - - one loud and the other soft? They're both cute and from different litters.

My mom has very bad hearing loss. But she doesn’t talk loud at all.
On the other hand, I have to yell everything to her at least 3 times. It is exhausting . And when I talk loud I sound angry.
Sometimes I have to say to her, “mom I’m not mad, just trying to get you to
Been their done that! Have her get hearing aids. They are not as expensive as they used to be. I got mine at Costco. They do the testing for free and have all types of hearing aids and they are priced fairly.

Patty. Does he set the sound level on the TV so high that you are forced to TURN IT DOWN all the time ? That, to me, is the sign that he needs to have his hearing TESTED by a professional. JimB.
The tv is always set loud and most of the movies are loud action movies. He likes lots of action and says if nobody dies in the first 10 minutes, it’s not worth watching. I like sucky feel good movies. We usually watch different stuff on different TV’s. Even if he were prescribed a hearing aid, I doubt he’d wear it.

Been their done that! Have her get hearing aids.
Believe me, we’d be happy to get her hearing aids but she absolutely refuses them. I bought her a set of head phones to use with the tv and she wouldn’t even try to adjust to them.

But that’s ok be I decided to use the tv head phones myself and I love them.

Back