Why so many TV show re-boots?

Yes, I saw the trailer for The Real Love Boat, which is like the Bachelor in Paradise aboard a cruise ship. No thanks. We watched the first episode of Quantum Leap. The original was good, but now the premise just seems cheesy. I didn't see that Criminal Minds was getting a reboot. Loved that show! I will check it out.

Night Court. The original was good.

They did the Fantasy Island one. Couldn't get into it

Dynasty. Can't re-do that original. I'm not watching.

Magnum PI. That's the only redone one I liked. I liked the actors also.

It seems to me, writers lately can't create something new& interesting shows for networks so they decide to do a 'reboot' of a show that aired yrs ago The only one I watched was 'Murphy Brown' saw only 2 episodes. I loved the show when it orginally aired on CBS from 1988-1998. The reboot once again starred Candace Bergen in lead role who is a star reporter on a fictious news magazine F.Y.I{like 60 Minutes} It was terrible not as funny as the 1st time CBS really promoted it, viewers tuned out, wasn't renewed for 2nd yr

I was a great fan of Northern Exposure too. I just won’t watch any of the remakes of all the old favorites. I miss the days when I would actually look forward to seeing the next episodes of “my” shows. Haven’t felt that way in a long time.
Boston Legal was another favorite.

I love Criminal minds and I can't wait to see the new ones.
It was also confirmed by Nicole Clemens, President, Original Scripted Series, Paramount+, who said, “For 15 seasons, Criminal Minds was at the forefront of cutting-edge scripted drama as it explored the psychology behind crime—thrillingly. The series never stopped evolving during its run, and we are beyond excited to bring it back into a new era with new stories for a new generation of viewers at Paramount+. Erica Messer, the whole cast and creative team are building a season full of new twists that we are sure will electrify audiences.

Last edited:
Ones I've heard about:
BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD
CRIMINAL MINDS
QUANTUM LEAP
ALLY McBEAL
FRAISER
TRUE BLOOD
MAX HEADROOM
NIGHT COURT
THE LOVE BOAT
One I would definitely agree on has to be "True Blood". My reason... The first series disappointed me. I'd read almost all the excellent Southern Vampire Mysteries from author Charlaine Harris. Therefore, I was looking forward to watching HER stories develop onscreen. Sadly, even though there was good material there, the person rewrote everything from their point of view and messed it up. After Season One, I waited for course-corrections Season Two... Nah-uh! I gave up.

I was looking forward to meeting Quinn-The-Tiger... Never happened! So, yes, humbly as a writer and author, I'd love to see this one done anew really following Charlaine's visions of Sookie, Bill, Bon Temps and Louisiana's vampires stories. My two pence worth. Cheers!

I love Criminal minds and I can't wait to see the new ones.
It was also confirmed by Nicole Clemens, President, Original Scripted Series, Paramount+, who said, “For 15 seasons, Criminal Minds was at the forefront of cutting-edge scripted drama as it explored the psychology behind crime—thrillingly. The series never stopped evolving during its run, and we are beyond excited to bring it back into a new era with new stories for a new generation of viewers at Paramount+. Erica Messer, the whole cast and creative team are building a season full of new twists that we are sure will electrify audiences.
I'm a huge fan of Criminal Minds and when I heard it was coming back I was really excited. But I can't find Paramount+. Is it something I have to pay for? I have Paramount but not +. If I have to pay for it, I'm out of luck. My husband would have a hissy fit if I paid to watch any more "dam* cop shows". Now, if it was for a cowboy show, that might be different! 😒

The only return/remake of the original I like and watch is Magnum PI. I had doubts anyone could replace the charm of Tom Selleck, but I do like the new personalities on this show. Hope they bring back another season.

I'm a huge fan of Criminal Minds and when I heard it was coming back I was really excited. But I can't find Paramount+. Is it something I have to pay for? I have Paramount but not +. If I have to pay for it, I'm out of luck. My husband would have a hissy fit if I paid to watch any more "dam* cop shows". Now, if it was for a cowboy show, that might be different! 😒
Hiya @caroln do you have Sky Sat service? That's where Paramount+ is available and FREE to Sky subscribers in the UK. Three good detective shows are on reruns or currently available. These are: Castle (Disney+ as a series 2009-2016) check Wikipedia; Murdoch Mysteries (Canadian television series in UK on Alibi channel, based on Maureen Jennings' books since 20 January 2008 to present); Blood Ties series (another Canadian one, original release 11 March-7 December 2007, aye short one but good) and finally the one season series Moonlight (in which Alex O'Loughlin plays a detective vampire).

These should all be available in reruns, DVDs or cable or satellite channels. Currently watching (season 7 of 8) of Castle. He's now a PI ... Well, I hope this helps!

The one DVDs series I'm trying to find is none other than NICK KNIGHT, the detective who's an 800 years old vampire and works in the precinct and is helped by the mortician at the local morgue, aka she knows his secrets.

Good luck, Blessed be!

Back