Windows 11 is coming.

I will probably wait a month, or two, to see if there are any reports of problems. Then, if the upgrade is free, I will take the plunge. My system is compatible, and learning some new stuff will give me something to pass the time in the Winter months....if the upgrade comes late this year.

I will probably wait a month, or two, to see if there are any reports of problems. Then, if the upgrade is free, I will take the plunge. My system is compatible, and learning some new stuff will give me something to pass the time in the Winter months....if the upgrade comes late this year.
Yes is free, and a few months yet before is available.

I wouldn't mind the updates if I still had audio output after. Tried all the little tricks for that and nothing worked.

I'm using Windows 10. There are still people using Windows 7.

I'm not going to switch to a new operating system immediately, and maybe not until I get a new computer. I'd like to see what happens with Windows 11 first.

My wife has a Chromebook and I run Linux on my laptop. I have Windows 10 on my desktop. I've been thinking about migrating the desktop to Linux as well.
Microsoft Windows really has nothing of substance to offer. Linux makes security the "default", and has endless options for configuration to personal needs.
I would be interested in downloading and trying out a beta or developers version of Windows 11, if offered. But, from what I've read it sounds like it's just going to be offered as an upgrade for an existing Windows 10 installation.

I thought windows was supposed to end with windows 10 and just install updates every so often?

That's what they said. Now there are articles about Windows 11 coming soon.

Microsoft announces Windows 11: Here is what you need to know
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ces-windows-11-here-is-what-you-need-to-know/

Windows 11 is free, but your CPU might not be officially supported
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/...dows-11-cpu-support-tpm-hardware-requirements

I'm going to go check whether our machines will suffice. Not sure I'd upgrade now, though. If the hard drive has to be wiped, I don't want to have to reinstall all those programs.

Heck, I'm still on Win 7 and it works well for all my needs. Wish I had the nerve to bite the bullet and switch to Linux. But I have so many files and so much user-installed software that switching to any new computer or operating system would be a headache.

What sounds great, if I read correctly, is that Win 11 will have the ability to run Android apps.

If this is true, I'll wait 6 months or right to the end of the free update to install it. I'm old but I still "Like" to learn new things. I'm bald for a reason. :D

I found out why my system isn't Windows 11 compatible. Win11 requires a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip, which computers made before 2016 don't have, but there's a way to get around that by enabling TPM firmware.

I'm going to wait a few months. The current release is no doubt laden with bugs.

My favourite Windows was Windows 95. After that it was one rip off after another. I hate windows with their constant updates. I know I should have "robbed the bank" and bought an Apple. Too bad and maybe too late.

On the original post,go to that website and download the small app,then it will scan your PC and tell you if your PC had the right specs to accept Win11?
Ah, okay. I had found and downloaded it, but haven't run it yet. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back