Windows 11 is coming.

Windows XP was my first experience with computers. I thought XP was perfect for my needs. I currently use Windows 7 and don't want to upgrade and didn't to 8, 8.1, nor 10.

Microsoft kept trying to force the upgrade to 8 and I kept stopping it. Eventually I thought maybe I shouldn't fight "progress" and let it install, 48 hours later it still hadn't installed, so I made the bold decision (bold to me) to ignore the scare tactics about security and kept 7 in my computer.

I sometimes have to use someone else's laptop which has 10 and I don't like it.

I will have to see what this Linux is about. I am not altogether technically inclined. When something goes wrong, I search and see if that info helps.

It appears that Windows 11 requires a motherboard with a TPM (trusted platform module) installed. That "feature" has only been installed on processors made in the past 4 or 5 years....which means that millions of current PC's may have issues with W11. My PC is about 8 years old, works great, and doesn't have a TPM. I generally try to stay updated on all the latest software, but if W11 requires that I need to buy a new PC, I may join the legions who still use W7, or Linux, etc.

Back