Windshield Cover To Protect From Snow and Ice In Winter, Have You Used Something From Around The House That Was Handy and Worked?

I ended up buying one of these from my local Walmart for $15, It's easy enough to use, just has two side flaps that are held in place by the front doors. I used it once already just to check it out, but it was a light snow and not much accumulation or ice involved. This evening it started snowing again so I put it on, supposed to get a few inches, we'll see.

It was a cheap cut, seems they used as little material possible, so even though my Jeep has a small windshield, there is a space on either side that doesn't get covered. If I got the next size larger for big SUVs and big trucks, it would be too huge. It's better than nothing, we'll see how I feel after a few real snow storms.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FrostGua...ze-for-Cars-and-Smaller-SUVs-Shades/718225331

I ended up buying one of these from my local Walmart for $15, It's easy enough to use, just has two side flaps that are held in place by the front doors. I used it once already just to check it out, but it was a light snow and not much accumulation or ice involved. This evening it started snowing again so I put it on, supposed to get a few inches, we'll see.

It was a cheap cut, seems they used as little material possible, so even though my Jeep has a small windshield, there is a space on either side that doesn't get covered. If I got the next size larger for big SUVs and big trucks, it would be too huge. It's better than nothing, we'll see how I feel after a few real snow storms.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FrostGua...ze-for-Cars-and-Smaller-SUVs-Shades/718225331

Thank you for telling us! I will want to hear how well , or poorly, it works, in the types of storms that it could possibly make the most helpful difference.
It's worth a try, for sure.

Thank you for telling us! I will want to hear how well , or poorly, it works, in the types of storms that it could possibly make the most helpful difference.
It's worth a try, for sure.
You're welcome Kaila. When we get our first blizzard, I'll be sure to give an update. ❄️⛄

Thank you, Seabreeze. :)
It's fine if you need to do something else first, when you come in from the next blizzard, such as to get a hot drink or take a hot shower :D:giggle::LOL:
But don't forget to post about the windshield cover! :ROFLMAO:

:D:LOL::love:

Thanks for showing us this. Does it work on "frost on the windshield" in the mornings?

I already have a vehicle in the garage. It's a two car garage, but we have work tables along one wall and shelf units along another wall. There are other items and tools in our garage so there is no room for two vehicles. Yes, that was obvious. ;)
I would consider moving from the garage what it is that keeps you from using it for two cars as it was built for.

Thanks for your suggestion Chet, but there is nothing to consider. We've been having our truck and the car we use daily in the driveway for over 40 years now. Eveything is just the way we want it, or we would have changed it decades ago. Scraping some snow and ice off the windshield is an inconvenience when it can't be done quickly, but that's all it is, an inconvenience only on the days in winter when snow actually falls. We've been retired for over ten years now, so we have the time we need to do such things. The cover makes it a bit quicker and easier, so that's good enough for me, all I wanted.

Back