Winter shortages coming??

Don M.

SF VIP
On top of the already existing conditions leading to shortages at the stores, and ships lining up waiting to be unloaded....Winter conditions this year may make things even worse. Many long range forecasts are calling for a colder and snowier Winter in many parts of the nation. The winter storm which just hit Colorado and Wyoming has many trucks stranded...unable to get their loads to many locations in the nation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/winter-storm-highway-shutdowns-worsen-233100432.html

I think we'll get a couple of extra packs of TP.

I think that it’s a good time for all of us to look around and take stock of our situation.

So much is happening right now that it’s impossible to predict what will happen over the next year or two.

Now is a good time to look at future cash needs.

Make sure that our investment allocations are in line with our goals/needs, etc...

“To be prepared is half the victory.” - Miguel de Cervantes

Apparently the Uk will run out of gas by Xmas........2 gas companies have gone down already, and everyone panic buying for electric heaters ......
Oh BTW no turkeys this year either ....
Charry, is that gas for cars, or gas for homes? (I guess it's the latter.)

I guess I'm not too worried. I hope we don't have a toilet paper run again. I do need gas to get to work and I live across town.

I don't live in a very cold climate and my apartment is upstairs. I hope everything will be OK.

When in the grocery, I've bought extra items that I think we might run out of.

Last time thing were in short supply, bread flour was on thing that was difficult to find.

Eggs, milk & potatoes are about the only things I haven't bought extra of.

We have a wood fired furnace to heat the water in the baseboard runs.
And lots of extra wood in the woodlot.

Bit by bit I’m trying to increase my inventory of basics. Last time I bought things that I don’t like as they were all that was left. There’re still in my pantry because I still don’t like them. Although it was on sale, I decided against the canned vegetables because I don’t care for the brand.

If Costco doesn’t have the Kirkland TP the next time I’m there, I’ll buy another brand.

Apparently the Uk will run out of gas by Xmas........2 gas companies have gone down already, and everyone panic buying for electric heaters ......
Oh BTW no turkeys this year either ....
Yes, we were told at a meeting in the grocery store where I work that turkeys and hams will be problematic this holiday season.

Maybe the government will remove the vaccine mandate and let people get back to work. That would be a big help. Keep in mind that I wrote the word, "MAYBE."

I should buy a few extra "necessaries" in the next few weeks as a "just in case" safety measure, but then that makes me a part of the problem. Realistically, my only big concern would be getting the meds my SO needs on a daily basis, and I can't stock up on those as the doctors will only write 30 day scripts.

Back