With utmost respect: African American culture

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
From my perspective, which is limited in many ways, African American culture eludes me. On one hand, white people, not all, feel they need to absolve themselves from years of racism performed by their ancestors.
Understandably there are reasons for white remorse, and African Americans know this, matter of fact, African Americans know white people better than they know themselves.

my opinion.

Last edited:
The post above is in response to the movie American Fiction. A writer depicts the fictitious life of a convict who fabricates the main character into a bestseller.

:) Very touchy subject, Mr. Ed, which you have handled with care. Dare we say that creatures such as emotional women and other logically challenged should not be allowed leadership roles or allowed to vote.

Britain and the Slave Trade:
John Lok is the first recorded Englishman to have taken enslaved people from Africa. In 1555 he brought five enslaved people from Guinea to England. William Towerson, a London trader, also captured people to be enslaved during his voyages from Plymouth to Africa between 1556 and 1557. Despite the earlier involvement of Lok and Towerson, John Hawkins (from 1532 to 1595) of Plymouth is acknowledged as the pioneer of the English slave trade.

From 1562 onwards he made three voyages to Sierra Leone from where he transported 1,200 inhabitants to Hispaniola and St Domingue - present day Dominican Republic and Haiti. Hawkins' voyages were the beginnings of the triangular slave trade between England, Africa and the New World of the Caribbean and Americas.

The triangular slave trade worked to maximise profits. English goods were traded in Africa, from where enslaved people were carried on the infamous middle passage across the Atlantic to the Caribbean and America. Goods produced in the New World were transported back to England. As Britain acquired more colonies in America and the Caribbean, so demand for enslaved Africans to cultivate and harvest the tobacco, rice, sugar and other plantation crops grew.

English involvement in the slave trade intensified after 1663, when a new patent, along with royal backing, was issued to the Company of Royal Adventurers. Succeeded in 1672 by the Royal African Company. It received royal backing, from the Duke of York, later King James II.
Under the terms of the RAC Charter, London was at the centre of English slave trading. In 1698 the monopoly on London trading with Africa was abolished. Now other ports such as Bristol and Liverpool could trade. These cities became extremely wealthy as a result.

Mr. Ed, we cannot change that which has happened but we can learn from the past. Testimony to that is Barack Obama II, an American politician who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the first African-American president in U.S. history. Today, here in the UK, Rishi Sunak is a British politician who has served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom since 2022. He is the first British Asian prime minister, he previously held the cabinet position of Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Another touchy topic

i am not gay, but if I were gay, I imagine the difficulty it would be in coming out. First of all the gay and lesbian population are minorities compared to straight population. The Bible and most religions do not accept homosexuality as a natural phenomenon and persecutes in accordance to church law and biblical documentation.

Rather than accepting same-sex attraction, religious camps take advantage of this lifestyle by promising complete recovery from gay-sinfulness as if it were a curable disease with proper prayer and a miracle.

I think gay men have difficulty finding and maintaining longterm relationships. I assume the gay lifestyle is lonely and difficult.

"white people, feel they need to absolve themselves from years of racism performed by their ancestors" - Mr. Ed
Racism is alive and well, now, not only in the past. Yes, we have taken steps to decrease its effects, but true equality still remains elusive. Maybe if the "illegals" were named Davison rather than Rodrigez, our immigration laws might change.
The gay marriage divorce rate after 5 years is 15%, straight divorce rate is 18%.

"white people, feel they need to absolve themselves from years of racism performed by their ancestors" - Mr. Ed
Racism is alive and well, now, not only in the past. Yes, we have taken steps to decrease its effects, but true equality still remains elusive. Maybe if the "illegals" were named Davison rather than Rodrigez, our immigration laws might change.
The gay marriage divorce rate after 5 years is 15%, straight divorce rate is 18%.
There are far more than latins coming across the border, so that makes no sense. The term "illegal" is the clue to the problem. If immigration laws were actually enforced (yes, we have had them for some time) there would be far less problem. Just to note; I fully embrace LEGAL immigration, no matter what their name is.

There are far more than latins coming across the border, so that makes no sense. The term "illegal" is the clue to the problem. If immigration laws were actually enforced (yes, we have had them for some time) there would be far less problem. Just to note; I fully embrace LEGAL immigration, no matter what their name is.
We made them "illegal". All we have to do is enact legislation to make them "legal". When the US pulled out of Afghanistan, we brought 130,000 refugees with us, forget the quotas, etc, we made them legal, nobody noticed.

Last edited:
Another touchy topic

i am not gay, but if I were gay, I imagine the difficulty it would be in coming out. First of all the gay and lesbian population are minorities compared to straight population. The Bible and most religions do not accept homosexuality as a natural phenomenon and persecutes in accordance to church law and biblical documentation.

Rather than accepting same-sex attraction, religious camps take advantage of this lifestyle by promising complete recovery from gay-sinfulness as if it were a curable disease with proper prayer and a miracle.

I think gay men have difficulty finding and maintaining longterm relationships. I assume the gay lifestyle is lonely and difficult.
With Craigslist, as it existed, and it's replacement sites many male gays are highly promiscuous. I'm a curious person and eavesdrop on occasion into all sorts of unusual places. Female guys did not seem so promiscuous. Also I should say that I have had many many gay friends in my life so I am not some sort of outside critic. I really was shocked at how sex crazy a lot of these guys are.

We made them "illegal". All we have to do is enact legislation to make them "legal". When the US pulled out of Afghanistan, we brought 130,000 refugees with us, forget the quotas, etc, we made them legal, nobody noticed.
And support them at taxpayers expense for how long? Ad THOSE refugees were not only already working for us, they had a legit claim to asylum, unlike 90% of what we get now.

And support them at taxpayers expense for how long? Ad THOSE refugees were not only already working for us, they had a legit claim to asylum, unlike 90% of what we get now.
Yes. American government invaded that country, and solicited locals to help them in war. They would have all been murdered quickly if the government did not evacuate them.

Back