Woman, 98, reunites with daughter put up for adoption 80 years ago.

Woman, 98, reunites with daughter put up for adoption 80 years ago.
The long-overdue reunion made for an unforgettable Mother’s Day for the Scarborough senior

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...ith-daughter-put-up-for-adoption-80-years-ago

I love those reunion stories.

My wife and I love that show "Long Lost Family" where they reunited adoptees with their parents...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Lost_Family_(American_TV_series)

(in trivia news, one of the hosts, Lisa Joyner, is married to comedic actor Jon Cryer)

I'm an adoptee who made contact with a half-brother some 25 or so years ago when adoption records were first opened here. We are still in regular contact. There is a half-sister too, but she decided against contact. My biological mother died young and I still have very limited information about her life.

Recently I took a DNA test which turned up another half-brother, plus the identity of my father. I went from an only child to one of five (the 'new' half-brother informed me there were two of them) :) and discovered a whole swag of ancestors, going back to early settlement days here in Australia - and before. Some records go back to the 1600s. I am now in regular contact with this half-brother too. Sadly I never got to meet either parent. But thanks to a DNA match who turned out to be a 'family historian' I probably know more about my heritage, (at least one side of it), than most people. It's been a very interesting journey.

What a fantastic surprise for the daughter to discover her mother was still alive. Her heart must have been in her mouth wondering if she could travel fast enough to Canada to see her before she died... great feel good story

I'm an adoptee who made contact with a half-brother some 25 or so years ago when adoption records were first opened here. We are still in regular contact. There is a half-sister too, but she decided against contact. My biological mother died young and I still have very limited information about her life.

Recently I took a DNA test which turned up another half-brother, plus the identity of my father. I went from an only child to one of five (the 'new' half-brother informed me there were two of them) :) and discovered a whole swag of ancestors, going back to early settlement days here in Australia - and before. Some records go back to the 1600s. I am now in regular contact with this half-brother too. Sadly I never got to meet either parent. But thanks to a DNA match who turned out to be a 'family historian' I probably know more about my heritage, (at least one side of it), than most people. It's been a very interesting journey.

Back