Woman saves duck egg and hatches it in her bra

Duck eggs have a whole lot thicker shell than a chicken egg has, so it would be fairly easy for her to carry it around and not break the shell. I would think that night time would be the hardest time, because if she rolled over on it at night, that would probably be enough pressure to break the shell.
You can see in the picture of the little duckling emerging that the shell looks strong. He is a Muscovy duck, which is one of the larger varieties, and they make great pets.
I have had those before, and they followed the kids and I around the yard like puppy dogs.

We had one goose (which I rescued from an ice-covered creek one winter) that was a great pet, and she really liked my ex-husband. When he was under our old truck fixing something, she would scrunch down and crawl under there and watch him.
Ducks and chickens are actually very smart birds.

Before I believe it, I want proof - at least two or three photos.

Good thing the duck didn't hatch while she was at the movies:
An old farmer went into town to see a movie. The ticket agent asked, "Sir, what's that on your shoulder?"
"That's my pet rooster, Chucky. Whever I go, Chucky goes."
"I'm sorry sir," said the ticket agent. "We can't allow animals in the theater."
The farmer went around the corner & stuffed the bird in his pants. He bought a ticket, entered the theater & sat down next to two old widows, Mildred & Marge. The movie started & the rooster began to squirm. The farmer unzipped his pants so Chucky could stick his head out.
"Hey Marge," whispered Mildred. I think the guy next to me is a pervert."
"What makes you think so?" asked Marge.
"He unzipped his pants & he has his thing out," whispered Mildred.
"Well, don't worry about it," said Marge. "At our age we've seen 'em all."
"You're right," said Mildred. "But this one's eatin' my popcorn."

I once carried a baby Solomon Island Eclectis parrot around in my...um...cleavage for a whole day.

I was visiting my late sister; she was hand-raising a baby and it had to be fed about every 2-3 hours. She had to go away for the day. I also had to run some errands and couldn't get back in time for the feeding.

So, I wrapped Egbert up in some toilet paper, tucked him down between the "girls", packed his mash and feeding syringe and off we went. People were looking at me, wondering where the "cheeping" was coming from. If they were really interested, I'd haul him out and show him off. He wasn't much to look at, though, naked and pink-grey.

He certainly was easier to haul around than a human baby.

Back